Chapter 3

\\April 24th, 19:00\\
The Void Islands, End.
Rain

I land gracefully near the edge of the island as to not run into any guards. Her wings fold inwards and the rocket boosters almost sink into my shoes as I began to walk to the Lance's palace. I adjust my lapis colored suit jacket and putting on my matching mask.
"Just landed. Wings work like a charm. Approaching the palace now." I speak into my walkie-talkie, the walkie connected to the Frostborne.

"It should be up ahead from where you're at. Enter through the front with the rest of the guests." My father said back.

I stop in my tracks. "This is a party at the palace? Wouldn't they have a guest list?" I ask.

"There is; however, one of our spies on the inside smuggled you onto the list. You will be under the name 'Rin Goldblune', fake identification has already been put in the pocket of your dress pants Rain."

"Understood. I'll update you when I'm inside, over and out."

\\April 25th, 19:12\\
The Void Islands, End.
Stella

  I take a strained breath as I enter the ballroom. Heads turn to the three of us as the announcer addresses us properly. A learned smile finds its way to my face, my eyes scanning the room full of people, few I knew, most I didn't, some who's masks covered their identity so well I didn't know if I had bet them or not.
  I quickly took to my father's side in the room next to two void-colored thrones before he went on with a long and winded speech I couldn't catch on to. The hazy feeling in the air fills my tired lungs of a thick smog, one I was quite used to breathing in. Every bronchial, every alveoli already tender and struggle to open and breathe.

  The crowds raise a glass to my father's speech, as cheers of approval roar from the crowd below. A server next to me presents me a glass of champagne, which I politely accept from him and raise to my father. He smiles brightly at me before taking a sip from his glass, the room following him. I hesitate for a moment, still feeling the suffocating tightness in my lungs, before taking a quick sip of the bubbly liquid. The bitter taste causes me to cough up a lung, but thankfully the room had gone back to their mingling and paid me no mind. All but my father. He nearly tosses the crystal glass to the polished end brick floor. His arm wraps around me slightly turning his attention fully to me.

"Are you okay my dear?" He asks after I stop coughing.

I nod still clutching my chest. "Yes father." I answer, my voice horse. I lean against his shoulder. "That was a good speech." I add, although not actually comprehended it.

"Thank you." He said with a small smile. "And you look beautiful my dear."

I smile. "Thank you papa."

"Now are you going to spend the whole night hiding out with Ciara or will you attempt to socialize with some of your fellow noblefolk?" He asks with a slight humor in his voice. I frown, brushing the front piece of my hair behind my pointed ears awkwardly. Father bites lip. "... If you ever get uncomfortable you can sit up hear with me as long as you need."

I pause, the pain in my chest causing me to tear up. I clear my throat before speaking. "I'm going to go find Ciara!" I quickly declare to him, and stand up before he could say anything otherwise. I hear him quickly stand up behind me, but stop. I rush down the winding staircase, careful not to trip on my starred cloak or white ballgown. I stop at the stair landing, looking up at my father to see him making conversation with Ceris and young man behind her; Ceris looked to be introducing him. Odd, but I couldn't find myself to care. All I care for is getting out of this smog-filled environment