Chapter 9: DID You say.. Woe?

The house was mere meters away.. pulling up at the sidewalk I could see that nearly every window was shut, covered by curtains or something else. Although I had been there numerous times in the past few days.. The house today felt.. vacant. Empty, abandoned almost.. It's almost as if it were warning us that we didn't want to go inside, It felt very reminiscent of when we investigated the Gates manor.. Only this house shouldn't feel that way, this house is very much in use, albeit not at this instant, but it's not as if it had been left unattained for thirty years..

Ajax, Enid and I all got out of the car. Steadily one by one we made our way towards the house.. arriving at the door, it's almost as if you could hear three heartbeats, it was that eerily quiet, not eerie in a good way, eerie in a bad way.. swiftly and simply I knocked on the door twice. Impatiently I stood in the center of the doorway, waiting for whatever side of Vincent I'll experience to open the door. Except, well.. the person to open the door wasn't Vincent, actually, no one opened the door, but the door opened non the less. The door was already open? It wasn't locked, it wasn't shut properly at all? With a creek a very slight, steady creek the door ever so subtly opened? Maybe it was the wind? No.. It wasn't windy today, not in the slightest.

"Okay I don't like this at all.." Enid muttered, almost turning around and sprinting back to the car..
"It's okay Enid.. The front door lock was broken at the beginning of last semester, someone attempted to break in according to Xavier.." Ajax said before continuing..
"It's likely that Vincent hasn't had a change to change the door lock yet" He finished..
"Enough with the chatter, let's just go inside." I said, before pushing the door open just a little bit more, revealing the empty hallway I expected to see, every door was open? This wasn't anything like how it was previously. The last time I entered the house, every door was shut.. this is weird, too weird.

Everything felt off, the atmosphere felt bizarre, eerie in a not so good way.. there was a tense feeling, something making me pour with sweat, something making my stomach knot, wrap itself around my heart and lungs making it feel like I was suffocating, having a heart attack.. why was I so tense?
"I have a bad feeling about this.." I said, slowly creeping my way into the house before the couple clinging to one another followed close behind me..
"Wednesday I don't like this.." Enid mumbled from behind Ajax's arm..
"Yeah, Wednesday shouldn't we.. I dont know wait for sheriff Galpin? Come back later?.. Or something.." Ajax spoke, clearly very much so on edge..

As much as I agree with that statement, I didnt want there to be a possibility that Vincent was out doing something at this very moment, I wanted to confirm the fact that he was here. Hopefully I'd be able to keep an eye on him if I did that, I could sit here and wait, if anything suspicious happened, Sheriff Galpin is one call away.. since he was weary of Vincent, it's likely he'd believe me if i told him anything like that. Although, saying that it's likely that if i informed him of what happened, he'd arrive and end up facing a completely different personality.. Vincent wasn't stupid by any means. It's just like how Tyler exposed himself to me in the end, confessing everything.. If i can just get him to tell me, if I can get him to admit whatever it is that he has done. Then, it's over.

Suddenly, he appeared, from around the corner came a hand. Grasping onto the sidewall you could see just his fingers, as he then pulled himself forward, almost as if he had just risen from the ground. Staring off into the distance he walked into eyeshot, topless covered head to toe in fresh cuts and bruises, almost as if he'd just faught with a warewolf.. Wednesday, Ajax and Enid froze. Immediately they stopped dead in their tracks. Staring at the man whom was now staring at them even Wednesday gulped. It was if he was possessed. What side of him are we seeing right now? That was the question we needed answering the most..

Before anything could happen, his face softened, his eyes turned from a piercing gaze into a soft, concerned look..
"Ajax?" He murmured "Wednesday?" He continued.. "and you are?" He finished..
"W-what's going on here?" He spoke once again, staring at the three of us with a confused face..
"Why do you all look.. so scared?" He asked, reaching his hand out towards me.. in an instant I flinched, moving myself backwards slighly. To which his face turned into a look of distraught. His eyes were wide, wider than the likes of Wednesday's.. he looked down at himself, staring in horror at the scars covering his body head to toe.. it's as if he had no clue about what happened, or he chose to ignore it?