𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞 // 𝐣𝐚𝐢𝐥𝐛𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐤

the addams twins arrive in jericho, the girls looking in disdain at the appearance of the town. although it looked to be a nauseatingly normal place, something about it felt a bit unsettling.

weems pulls up to a building, looking over to the twins. "dr. kinbott's office is on the second floor. other nevermore students swear by her" principal weems states, offering the dreary twins a smile.

"and you'll be waiting here until we're done?" wednesday questions. "perhaps afterwards we can visit the weathervane for hot chocolate" weems suggests, offering the girls a warm smile. "principal weems, this feeble attempt at bonding is beneath you" wednesday states. "and chauffeuring your students around is clearly below your pay grade" midnight adds, beginning to follow after her twin.

"given your history, i'm sure you two are intent on running away. i'm here to prevent that from happening" the woman declares, her gaze fixed on the girls. "i wish you luck" wednesday states, slamming the door.

the twins enter the building side by side, walking up to the second floor in disdain. "i can't believe we are doing this" midnight sighs. "might've been better to just go to jail" wednesday admits, looking to her twin.

a rather uplifted blonde woman greets the girls, guiding them into her room. "i read the notes from your school counselor" the therapist states, looking at the two girls. "mrs. bronstein. she had a nervous breakdown after our last session, had to take a six-month sabbatical" wednesday states.

"go ahead and take a seat" dr. kinbott states, the girls sitting down somewhat tentatively, side by side. "how did you two feel about that?" "vindicated" midnight blurts. "but someone who crochets for a hobby isn't a worthy adversary" wednesday continues. 

"adversary? i hope we can forge a relationship based on trust and mutual respect. this is a safe space, girls. somewhere i want each of you to truly express how you feel, and not just as a unit but as individuals. think of it as a sanctuary where we can discuss anything. what you're thinking, feeling, your views on the world, personal philosophy" dr. kinbott assures, wednesday growing displeased.

"that's easy. i think that this is a waste of time, i see the world as a place that must be endured, and my personal philosophy is kill or be killed" wednesday states. "so, for instance, when someone bullies your brother, your response is to dump pirahna in the pool" kinbott adds.

"you know the old saying. never bring a knife to a sword fight, unless it's concealed" wednesday adds. "the point is, you assaulted a boy and showed no remorse for your actions. that's why you're here. now midnight, do you have anything to add? it seems to me that wednesday is speaking for both of you, but i'm not sure how you feel."

"i don't feel like adding anything to this conversation. just to be clear though, dalton assaulted our brother and showed no remorse. wednesday came up with a plan, we followed through, nobody died" midnight blurts. "looks like we've answered all your questions" wednesday states. "we're not done yet" kinbott declares, smiling at the girls.

"therapy is a valuable tool to help you understand yourself. it can teach you new ways to deal with your emotions. it can also help you build a life that you want" she adds. "i know the life that i want" wednesday spits. "tell me about it. everything said in these sessions is strictly confidential."

"now wednesday, do your plans involve becoming an author? i understand you've written three novels about a teen girl detective, viper de la muerte and her sister/side kick raven de la muerte. can you tell me about her? or midnight, perhaps your plans involve becoming a musician? i know you have been creating music for a few years now, how has that been?"

"viper is smart, perceptive, chronically misunderstood" wednesday states. "and although the goth scene is hard to navigate with constant travel, i've made a lot of progress in my work" midnight adds, offering a soft glare. "any luck getting your work published? recorded by a label?" kinbott asks.

"editors are short-sighted, fear-based life forms. one once described my writing as gratuitously morbid and suggested i seek psychiatric help. ironic isn't it?" "labels aren't much different. the main focus is always what's going to do the best in the charts, not what has soul."

"how do you feel about that?" "we usually send thank you's. we've always been open to constructive criticism" wednesday states, her eyes wide. "i'm glad to hear that, because i was sent the manuscripts of the novel and a few songs as part of your psych evaluation" kinbott starts.

the girls share a look of discomfort, eyes wide. "the relationship i found the most intriguing was that of viper and her mother, dominica. and the theme across your work midnight, feeling silenced, alone, and unheard, immediately stood out to me. why don't we dig into that?" silence settles for a moment, the girls both growing more displeased.

"girls, part of this journey requires us going to uncomfortable places emotionally" kinbott adds. "we don't travel well" wednesday states. "would you mind if i use the powder room first?" the black-haired twin asks, her sister offering a quick glance.

kinbott points the girl to her bathroom, midnight beginning to twiddle her thumbs. soon after wednesday shuts the bathroom door a loud clang fills the room, dr. kinbott widening her eyes. "wednesday? is everything ok? you can't hide in there for the rest of the session" kinbott states.

"i'm all right, just preparing myself for our uncomfortable journey" wednesday calls out. "uh, you wouldn't happen to have any water would you?" midnight questions. the woman looks around for a moment, a frown crossing her lips.

"not in here, but i'll run downstairs and grab you a glass of water. stay put, ok?" dr. kinbott says, quickly running downstairs. rookie mistake doctor. as soon as the woman dips out of the room, midnight races to the bathroom, thing quickly letting her in before shutting the door and locking it.

wednesday had gotten the window open, crawling out as thing hops in her bag. midnight follows out, softly shutting the window behind her as she shuffles after her twin. "they make it too easy" midnight whispers.

༺♰༻

𝖆𝖚𝖙𝖍𝖔𝖗𝖘 𝖓𝖔𝖙𝖊: 𝚊 𝚋𝚒𝚝 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚠𝚒𝚗 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚘𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛... 𝚊𝚗𝚢𝚠𝚊𝚢𝚜 𝚒 𝚠𝚊𝚗𝚝 𝚝𝚘 𝚖𝚊𝚔𝚎 𝚖𝚒𝚍𝚗𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝 𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢 𝚒𝚗𝚟𝚘𝚕𝚟𝚎𝚍 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚐𝚘𝚝𝚑/𝚊𝚕𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚗𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚟𝚎 𝚖𝚞𝚜𝚒𝚌 𝚜𝚌𝚎𝚗𝚎, 𝚜𝚘 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚠𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚕𝚒𝚔𝚎𝚕𝚢 𝚌𝚘𝚗𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚞𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚠 𝚞𝚙!