21

"Jiwoon- stop crying" Michael sighed a little as he said to the boy who sat on a chair beside his hospital bed, his hand softly holding the younger as he wiped his tears.

"No! What the fuck even happened!?" The older said and Michael looked away, feeling his eyes tear up a little too. 

Hyeji was leaning against the wall, hands crossed as she watched the two boys interact. The girl sighed as she walked to Jiwoon's side and lightly tapped his shoulders.

"He needs to rest... he'll tell you soon" She spoke softly and the boy hummed with a nod as he got up and walked outside. 

Hyeji followed Jiwoon out but stopped midway when Michael called her.

"Noona!"

She turned around and hummed, smiling a little at the slightly younger boy.

"Don't tell him yet..." He said. Hyeji nodded and Michael let out a small sigh and looked at her again.

"Thank you noona," The younger said and Hyeji smiled again, replying with a 'you're welcome' and walked out of the room.

When she walked outside, she saw a very stressed Jiwoon who sat on the hospital seats in the hallway, still wiping his tears. Hyeji realized that the boy cared about Michael a lot and understood that that was why the younger asked her to call him over earlier as he was being brought to the hospital.

Hyeji knew exactly what had happened with Michael though...

Before they got to the hospital:

"Don't worry, the ambulance is on its way" Hyeji said reassuringly as she bent down next to the younger who hummed. Michael grunted a little as he tried sitting up and Hyeji was quick to help him.

The girl gasped when she saw that he had multiple bruises. His lips were bleeding, one of his eyes was black along with some other parts of his jaw were bruised. He just simply looked beaten up a lot. 

"W-what happened!? why did they..." Hyeji trailed off as she noticed tears stream down the boy's cheeks. He hiccupped and cried and the girl softly caressed his shoulders.

"I-I-I- knew this w-w-would hap-pen," Michael said through his sobs, shuttering out and the girl softly asked what he meant. The boy looked at her with sad teary eyes.

"I have b-been hiding my sexuality from everyone...especially m-my parents because I know how they would r-react... they're already strict... but they fucking found out from m-my diary"

The boy explained and Hyeji looked at him with sad eyes as she gently told him that he should be proud of who he was, despite what his parents thought. The boy did nod, however, he still cried. 

"I-I can't believe my own father was about to.." He gasped at the sudden pain in his stomach where he got painfully kicked at. Hyeji panicked a little but sighed in relief when she heard the sound of the ambulance and soon the nurses were at their side.

After arriving at the hospital, Michael was sent to the emergency room and Hyeji waited outside, not really sure what to do. After calling her brother and telling him that she might come home late, she went to see Michael when the surgery finished successfully.

"Noona... Could you give me your phone?" The boy asked once she was at his side and Hyeji, confused gave it to her. The boy typed in some numbers and gave them to her.

"That's Jiwoon's number, Please call him... I need him noona" The boy said softly and Hyeji nodded, walking outside and making the call she was surprised when Jiwoon appeared in his pajamas within 15 minutes of the call.

-

Hyeji looked at the boy who sat on the seat, fiddling with his fingers. She walked over and sat next to him, sighing a little and the boy looked at her, tears still forming in his dark brown eyes.