Under our Mistletoe

It was nothing short of a quiet evening inside the Art-Club of Kazehaya High-School. Looking outside the windows, one could see the gentle flakes of snow covering the ground one after another. It really was winter, wasn't it?

Despite the windows being closed, a chilly breeze crept it's way up the bodies of the two students sitting inside the room, Hachioji Naoto and Sunomiya Hana. The current president of the Art Club and the only other member were sat on stools, each one drawing something else.

Hana was focused on drawing a fruit bowl on a small shelf, doing her best attempt at what she hoped would be a good sketch. The young girl turned her gaze towards her Senpai. "Hachioji-Senpai." The girl said. Naoto laid his pencil aside, turning to her. "Uh-Huh?"

"What are you drawing? I can't exactly see from here?"

"Oh, I'm just trying to draw the view from outside. The falling snow makes it look a lot prettier at night, especially with the lamp posts illuminating the streets." The boy replied.

Hana's eyes lit up in amazement at her Senpai. "Really?! But isn't it super hard to draw something that's in constant motion? How can you draw the snow?"

The boy turned to his canvas. "It's not as hard as you think. All you have to do is draw the movements as you see them. Think of your eyes as a camera, capturing each flake individually, before framing and pasting it on your drawing. That's how I do it." The boy adjusted his non-existent glasses with a bit of a smug grin as Hana clapped in astonishment at her Senpai's talent.

"Impressive, as always, Senpai!" The girl exclaimed. Naoto chuckled, getting a bit embarrassed by the amount of praise. It honestly wasn't that impressive, so he probably shouldn't let it get to his head. Well, a little should be fine...

Step...Step...Step...Step...

The sudden sound of footsteps in the distance instantly alarmed Naoto. The boy closed his eyes to focus on the sound. 'One. Two. Three. Four.' from the sound and pace of it, he could tell that there were four people approaching.

He had spent enough time in this school with 'Those People' to know exactly who was coming. He let out an internal sigh as he prepared for the upcoming slaughter of his eardrums. Hana looked at her Upperclassman, quickly understanding his actions and choosing to follow protocol, mentally preparing herself. The door slowly slid open.

Slide...

"S-up!"

"SUP!"

"Yahoo~"

"S-up, Sen-pai~"

Even if his he was blind, he'd still be able to make out exactly who's voices he was hearing. His assumptions were true. They were here. "Sup..." The boy replied. Hana stood motionless in her seat, simply observing the situation.

"What are you all doing here? Don't you have things to do?" He asked the girls, turning specifically to Gamo and Nagatoro. "Specifically you two? I thought you were at judo practice."

Gamo replied with a smirk. "Paisen is being a creep again, trying to squish information out of us." The group let out a small giggle as Naoto frowned. The girl gave him a slight smile. "Turns out that since Christmas is coming up, the family decided to close the Judo for the next few days, so we're free from Judo for who knows how long."