My Real Name

"Siphri (Sea-free) come here!" My mother sang my name.She was Aphrodite.

God's are forbidden to see there children, but I was special. My father is a Succubi, which is a demon who feeds off the opposite sex for life force. I.get to see my mother once a year, or never. My name has changed, but my original name is Siphira Sifth. (Sea-free-a) My mother named me, but my father would soon change it to Saphira (sa-fear-a). I didn't see the difference or the importance at that time.

"Yes mama?" I ran to her in my white and yellow dress holding flowers in my hands.

The flower field that drowned us were of many kinds of flowers and I tried to pick one of each for her. I was 5, still normal.

"It's almost time for mama to go. Come give me a big hug!" Every time mama spoke, her voice sang out words and you just wanted to follow them.

I reached as far as I could and hugged her as tight as I could, knowing I wouldn' t see her for a long time. I handed her the flowers and smiled beautifully.

"I want to be like mama when I grow up.." I whispered playing with my hands, a little shy.

I could feel a smirk on her face as she patted my head gently.

"You will grow up to be like mama, but you won't want to be..." I looked up to her tight embrace and flowing tears.

"You will have a life I wish you didn't have at the moment. But maybe....just maybe, good will come from it." She slowly disappeared from me and dad walked by me putting his big, strong hand on my shoulder.

I didn't understand a word she said at the time, but I do now. She was right.

I didn't see mama for two years, I was 7 then.

"Siphira!!!!" She hugged me as I filled with overflowing happiness.

Dad never came close to us in the beautiful flowery field. One, he would kill all the flowers blooming, two, Gods didn't want demons to be associated with each other. Thus, I didn't get to see mama the year before.

"It's Saphira now mama. Saphira...." She didn't let go of the embrace and nodded her head.

"I know, but you will always be my Shiphira..it's the name I chose for you and so, it will be the name I call you. I understand you don't like it and you don't understand why your father had to change it but from now on it is your name. But remember your always Siphira. The succubus, goddess." Her voice climbed with the cool breeze that swung the earth as it blew. It lightly brushed against her cheeks that filled with hot teary eyes.

"Ok..." I clung onto her dress and hugged her.

My eyes slowly flushed with sad tears. I wasn't sure why but i felt danger would be on it's way. My life as a normal person would soon end.

"WHen you become 12, you'll change. You will start to become a woman. So, your powers will come. Your succubus in you will show...." She smiled as she looked at me.

I felt my heart sank when she whispered "succubus". Succubus, i hated the word already. Angry tears replaced the sad ones and i burried them in my small hands trying to take them away.

"Now don't cover your eyes. Let mama see those beautiful eyes. (I put slowly put my hands down and stared at her.) See....look at those eyes! Full sea green eyes and alive. Alive..."

"Come, Saphira." My father said to me telepathicly when it was time to leave.

I ran back to my father. I had fun with mama, making wreaths and seeing her make me floral dresses from the flowers we picked.

"My name is Siphira, SEA....FREE...a" I stubbornly said as i climbed into the car.

"Yes, my beautiful Siphri. SEA.....FREE...." He smiled through the rear-view mirrior. I loved my daddy.

As my father was about to put the key in the engine, i stopped him.

"D-daddy.... howcome my name has to be Saphira? It makes no sense to me....It's like, me calling you dad but then changing it to dade..." I gathered all my courage to ask him. He avoided everytime i had asked him during the year.

Mama said he would answer me this time, because he has too. So i hoped he would tell me, he did.

"Because your name is trouble. But your mother loved your name so much and was so in love with how perfectly it suited you, that i changed it to be similar but diffrent enough to keep the trouble away..."

He looked sad and troubled, which for my father was abnormal. It scared me to think about it.

"W-what trouble?" I slowly asked, did i dare to ask?

Did i dare to know? It was my niave curiousity that's gotten me to how i am now, at 16.

My father started the engine. He turned around and smiled.

"Ready to go?" He gave me a friendly smile, but his eyes said not to ask.

"Yes...." I said quietly looking at my nimble hands. I played with them as he stared for another three seconds then started the engine. We were on our way "home".

________________________________________________________________________

A/N

^________^ please tell me what you thought!!! I am still adding to this so don't worry if your thinking "that's it?" Or if one page is fine tell me too! :)) I hope you come to like Saphira (Siphira).