Prologue

Alluka was making a ponytail on Killua's hair - they were both quite bored. It's been a year since the moment Killua and Gon parted ways. They had made plans to meet up again once Alluka and Killua spend the time they have missed for so many years, but Gon never showed up at his door. He always sent him text messages saying he couldn't make it anymore and that he should go somewhere with Alluka again. Now there was no reply from either of them for months.
Killua looked at the clock on the wall. The dinner is going to be served in half an hour, so Gon probably won't show up today too.
He sighed deeply, thinking about everything that happened over the past few months. He felt like he had changed a lot ever since he met Gon. For one thing, he was now able to control his anger better than before. Plus, he stopped obsessing over him so much because he has other things to focus on. And lastly, he learned to accept the fact that Gon wouldn't return to him. Gon has his own life now, and he doesn't even know what his own future will bring him...
"The food is ready!" said a voice. Alluka entered the room and dropped the tray on the table.
Killua smiled at her. She was the only person who could see his smile. Besides Gon, she was the only person who knew the real Killua.
She sat beside him and started eating. "What do you think Gon would do if he came back?" asked Killua.
Alluka thought for a moment. She doesn't know Gon much, yet she knows Killua and Gon were best friends. "I don't know," she replied.
"Doesn't matter anyway," said Killua. He looked at the clock and noticed it was almost eleven o'clock already. "Well, I'll let you rest for tonight. Tomorrow we can go together to the YorkNew centre to get the Hunter Exam info."
A few months ago Alluka asked Killua if she can become a hunter. Of course, Killua wouldn't understand why. Yet he doesn't want to limit her, so he had to agree.
"Okay, I'm gonna take a bath," said Alluka. "You come down when you're done."
Alluka left the room. Killua got up from the couch and went towards the bedroom - he and his sister live in a small rented apartment. It's pretty cosy and almost in the centre of YorkNew city. There is a balcony outside his room, but the pigeons tend to poop there, so he usually stays inside. He laid down on his bed and closed his eyes. He was thinking about Gon again... He's probably on Whale Island again. Why won't he visit Killua though? Is he really that busy? Or maybe he's just avoiding him. That would make more sense. He hates seeing Killua sad, and Gon is aware of that. But still, he hasn't contacted Killua since the day they parted ways.

× × ×

"Big Brother, look here!" Alluka pointed at a large poster hanging on the noticeboard. It was made by the Hunter Association - with Cheadle's sign, the current Chairman. Killua looked at the poster, which gave him so many memories. The first time he met Gon, seeing him fall for Tonpa's poisoned soda trick. When they ran to the end of the Stage 1 Exam, they both had fun. It all changed now.
On the other side of a board, there were 2 kids running to it.
"Hey, there it is! You should go check it out!" said Gon excitedly.
There was a girl running next to him, she nodded and ran up to the noticeboard. She took a slip of paper with the Exam location and ran back to Gon. "Oh... Isn't that far away?" She gave the paper slip to Gon. Well, the boy didn't know where that is too.
"Let's go to the mall, we can search it up!"
They both ran next to the noticeboard. That's when Killua noticed them but.. He wouldn't believe that's Gon. He was sure he would never see Gon ever again.