Chapter 2

Jackson Beckett

It's kind of sad how empty I feel. Most of the time I don't even try to think everything bad or negative couldn't happen to me, but it's regular for me to assume the worst. I'm pretty boring, I know. I like to call myself a homebody, I love being at home with my cat, Cookie, and to answer your question, no. I did not name my cat, an old friend did. I would never but at the time I didn't care enough to object. Will I change it? No, not ever, too emotionally attached to the name. That simple. I am unintentionally a really sad person, I can't control it. I don't have any siblings, I can't tell if it's a good thing or not. My mom and I are really close, not to say I don't love my dad just the same amount or anything but my mother has been with me through everything, she's my best friend. I love art, a lot. And I'm constantly riding my bike to go places.

It's the first day of summer, and what am I doing? I am sitting here looking at new art I could put up in my room. One of my favorite things is going to museums and just looking and taking all the cool things in. By the end of this summer, I want to have at least three more pieces in my room, that is the definition of fun to me. At this very moment, I was trying to figure out if I wanted to invite my friend over to play video games get ice cream or just sit with Cookie. I decided I'd get up and go ask my mother, she always gave me the best advice.

"Mommmm," I said annoyingly walking out of my room with Cookie in my arms

"Hi, baby." My mom said reaching her hand out so she could grab my face

"Can you help me decide on what I should do on the first day of summer?" I said looking at her with smiling eyes

"Umm yeah, what are my options?" She said smiling back with her hand in my thick wavy brown hair

"One, go out with Elliot, or two, stay home with Cookie," I said looking at her with a straight face, matching the hazel eyes she gave me. 

"Well baby, it's the first day of summer so I would prefer if you went somewhere with Elliot." She said giving me a funny smile. My mother always called me baby, even though I am 17 to this day she calls me it.

"Okay. I guess I'll text Elliot right now, I guesssss." I whined looking the other way to head back to my room

"Thank you for taking my advice, JJ." She said kissing me on the side of my face. I went back to my room to get my phone. 

Elliot Jacobs🤑

Yo

Whatsup

Hang today?

Ye, what's the move tho?

Wanna go for ice cream or something? We can get it and sit in the car for fuck's sake

I'm down

Good, my mom wants me to get out of the house, figured you were the perfect candidate! 🥸

As I always am.

You enjoy hanging with me.

And that I do.😵

Read 3:07 pm

About 15 minutes later I heard Elliot's car from outside my house, I said bye to my parents and hopped in his car.

"Hey, man." He said backing out of my driveway

"Sup," I said nodding at him

"First day of summer, you excited Mr. I don't want to ever leave my house." He said laughing at me