Dream Away

Dream Away
By: DangerousMJJ

Authors note;
It's been many years since I've written anything new in the MJ fiction world. But upon hearing the new and unreleased Dream Away, I just had to write something.

May turn it into a full story at some point. Things may seem rushed, but sometimes when the ideas hit - they hit like a freight train.

Missing you more and always, Michael. I love you more and more. Continue dancing in the sky.

—---

Fingers grace the cold gates containing the once lively grounds. The breeze chilly and soft just the same. Eyes glance through the bars upon the stark and neglected land. A single tear falls down a cheek.

She sighed.

It used to be their Never-Neverland.

A world full of sparkle, magic and love.

A world filled with endless joy and love

She recalls when Michael would bring her here for a day to go back to the sacred days of youth. He brought the best parts of childhood back in the blink of an eye.

Michael was both a child at heart and an old soul just the same.

When their hands would clasp tightly as they ran through the fields together, the world ceased to exist. It was only them and their love.

Her eyes welled with tears as the images came rushing back. The first day spent within the sacred grounds and all that was offered was pure magic and bliss. And sharing it all with Michael made it all the more.

A chance meeting was all it took. As a fan of his music it was everyone's dream come true.

She allowed a soft sob to escape, fingers now grasping the bars holding her from entering. Only to have the gate ever so slightly open before her.

One of the former security guards was still working there - his protection still unwavering. He recognized her with a gentle smile, urging her forward.

"Go to him," was all he could say, tears within his own eyes.

Taking a step, she trembled and continued to cry. This was the first time she had been here since Michael's untimely passing. The last time they were here was just before the allegations.

Michael considered the land to be tainted after that, and one couldn't blame him for that. He never set foot back behind the gates afterwards.

Walking up the long and winding path, she gripped her coat tight around her slim frame. Sounds of days long gone by filled her mind. Cries of playful joy and laughter rang freely.

Images of water balloon fights replaced the neglected land, soon becoming green and bright again.

"Michael, you cheat!"

"Never!" He laughed merrily. "You just can't keep up!"

Eyes misty with tears, she continued along the path.

"This way, come on! You'll love it!"

"I've never climbed a tree before, what if I fall?"

"Then I'll catch you, please come up with me." Michael pleaded with his soft voice, extending a hand.

Taking hold she followed him into the tree, where they soon disappeared among the soft green leaves. It was almost like a tree house, it contained a little sitting area, naturally formed in its own unique way.

It's no wonder that Michael spoke highly of this tree. It truly earned the name of the giving tree.

"See why I love up here?" Michael sighed, allowing his chocolate brown eyes to fall closed.

Gazing at the fields below from this viewpoint was breathtaking. The fear now quickly behind her as the beauty overtook every sense of her being.

"It's so breathtaking," she whispered as Michael took hold of her hand.

"Told you it's beautiful up here. It took me a long time to get you up here with me." He chuckled. "I've written so much up here. And recently I wrote something for you."

She opened her eyes and gazed at Michael curiously. "What?"

"Wrote something for you, silly." Michael replied with a blush. "It's not much, but I hope you like it."

Aah-aah, aah Aah-aah, aah

We could sail away our dreams to our
Never Neverland
We could kiss the world and wish upon a distant star
I could say the future, hope for us has different promises
And the answers lie deep inside your lovely eyes
I could look inside your mind and tell that you’re far away
Don’t say a word, just let me whisper inside your ear
I could see that you are trying hard to be my friend
All the words you wanna say is all I want to hear

And I can’t give you promises
And we can wish upon a star
But I can’t break these promises
But I’ll give you all thе love that I can give
And things and dreams and what is rеal
Like sharing truths and tales of youth and love

Did you ever stop to think just why I look inside your eyes?
‘Cause this love we have is just a dream away I could tell you’re crying ‘cause you really love me, girl
And the answers lie deep in the words
I have to say I could say the future, hope for us has different promises
And the life we need is just a life away
I could look inside your mind and tell that you love me girl
And the words you want to hear, is all I wanna say

And I can’t give you promises
And we can wish upon a star
But I can’t break these promises
But I’ll give you, all the love that I can give And things and dreams and what is real
And sharing truths and tales of youth and love (Aah-aah, aah) And love (Aah-aah, aah)

Her eyes widened with tears, allowing them to fall freely, without any boundaries. They both met in a tender embrace. No words needed to come between them, the song was all that she ultimately needed.

Michael sighed and closed his chocolate browns to the world, cradling her smaller form within his arms. "I've loved you since we first met, baby girl. Each day has been heaven on earth for me."

"Oh, Michael," She whispered softly, slowly moving to gaze up into his eyes. Fingers traced each feature he held, from his forehead, cheeks, and brushed his lips.

He smiled and allowed his forehead to rest upon hers. "I understand if you don't…"

"I love you too, so much. I always have."

No words were exchanged, the only sounds were the beats of their hearts.

Michael swallowed hard, placing his hand under her chin, slowly and carefully placing a tender kiss upon her lips. He nearly fell apart when she responded in turn.

She sighed into their kiss, slightly trembling as she wrapped him into an embrace of her own.

It was almost a dream, one they have both only wished to become reality. Two souls meeting in the most tender of embraces, two hearts shining like the brightest of stars.

"I love you more, baby girl."

It was almost like she could still hear his voice. The breeze felt just as tender as his touch. She longed to feel his presence once more. To be held, kissed and touched.

Now he was all but a dream away.

"Forever, Michael."