The Kouhai in the Library

Kamiya was no ordinary girl in school.

Kamiya is a student of who is known as the ace of the volleyball team.

With this reputation floating around her on campus, there was no reason she wasn't flooded by at least a trio of girls who wanted to talk to her.

She is very popular, and very pretty for a tomboy. There's not a soul on campus who didn't like Kamiya at all with her short black and blue ponytail and white skin that fits with the blue eyes she had.

She was a beauty, she could've been the school's queen if her quiet personality wasn't in the way.

Despite being popular and beautiful and athletic, she wasn't much of an extrovert. But that's what made Kamiya more attractive, being someone that can be quiet but humble about themselves as Kamiya doesn't let the attention get to her head a single bit.

Kamiya was perfect, even the author thought of her as his new waifu for a second.

Side note, he still likes Tsugumi Seishirō more, wink wink...

Overall, she was a great student-athlete who was beautiful and humble.

But with all of these mixed together in a bowl, there was one thing that this girl didn't have like half, if not, most girls that was present in her school.

And that was a boyfriend... or a girlfriend... or just a lover in general.

Kamiya was currently disheartened.

Yup, this takes place after she was confronted of her feelings by a friend she made just last year.

She is in her third year of high school now, a few more months until graduation as she still have feelings for a certain unlucky boy since last year.

Kamiya since then she couldn't let it go. Every time she saw him, it made her feel down. He could've been her's but she was just a little too late and was now suffering the after effects of her procrastinating her feelings to him.

So now, with all of the attention on her now more than ever, not a single person was aware of what she was feeling.

At least that's what she thought.

...

As usual for the day, the Library Committee were short on members for the day.

This was a job for Kamiya who was more than willing to help them out on her day off of her club sport. She had just received the message from her classroom on her phone with a huge herd of students huddling in front of her as usual.

A small smile still on her face when she read the message as she puts it away and turned to everyone that were throwing questions and comments at the volleyball ace. "I need to go... The Library Committee wants me to go watch over the library..."

That made a few saddened replies in return.

"Eh? Again?"

"Stay with us... Please?"

"Come on, Kamiya... Let's go karaoking!"

With all it these statements hurling at Kamiya, she only continued to smile. "I'm choosing to help... I need to go now..."

"Really? That's Kamiya for you..."

"Are you sure you want to go?"

"Do you want me to escort you there?"

Doubts turns into concerns and offers like asking if she was really okay with this or if a boy needs to walk with her. Kamiya humbly declines their requests and comforted the rest of her classmates and fans before she was able to leave the classroom by herself.