Chapter 4. You Think?

Year E3029

Year E3029

Ocea's POV

The sun was down for the night as the dark shadows took over the alleyways. I crept myself down the old building. Clinging onto the siding, I felt the wood panels falling apart. I looked over my shoulder while my fingers ached from holding myself up. The jump was still too high, causing me to look around for leverage to put my feet on solid ground.

The peeling green paint on the building showed the old white color underneath. My eyes glanced around to see a little lip sticking out. I reached for the edge of the lip, hoping not to fall flat on my ass. My fingers stretched, but I was not close enough.

Maneuvering in a better position, I reached for it again. Only my fingertips brushed the org material. I bit my cheek, glancing up at the path I climbed down from. An orange cloud shined in the dark sky while one moon lit up behind it.

"Hey!" a man's voice from below had me jumping slightly, causing my left foot to slip. I looked below me with wide eyes toward a familiar smile.

"What the duck, Stopper!" I yelled back at him. "You scared the crap out of me."

He pointed up, making me look above my head to the roof to see Dylan peeking his head over the edge of the building. He was trying to scale the wall down to the ground as well.

Dylan pointed over to the other building across the alley. "I'm going to jump to that building and use that side," he said right before he jumped and flew over me, landing on the other side.

"Crap," I said, realizing Dylan was sharper than me.

I glared down at Stopper while he laughed like a hyena. His bright green hair bounced, and his matching green eyes looked at me. "Here, I'll catch you," he said with his arms out.

Stopper was by far one of the most attractive safforian I've seen. His tan skin had tattoos up his arms, with a defined jawline that made every female in all species look his way. He wasn't always the most attractive, but growing up helped him.

Now, I look back on the first time I met Stopper. I'm surprised we are friends. His group of Saviors was the worst. They were the first to help me, or more like scare me.

"You better not drop me!" I yelled back at him.

"No promises," he replied.

I took a deep breath before glancing at Dylan, effortlessly climbing down the other side of the alley. I kicked myself for not seeing how old this building was and how I crawled into this trap.

Dylan swung around, landed gracefully on a windowsill, and then beamed at me. His dark brown skin matched his deep brown eyes. He dyed his short hair red, but the black was growing underneath it. Dylan had a thing for safforians and their colors. Since a young age, he's been changing his hair to match his uniqueness.