Day 10: Odysseus and Penelope

Days. Months. Years. Decades.

It had been far too long since the queen had last seen her beloved Naruto, and having practically every man throw themselves at her was tiring! For them to assume he was dead was practical; still, she knew better. She could sense that he was still out there. Whether he was across the globe, in another country, or towns away, she would wait for him, even on her deathbed. No one else could have her heart or soul. She was eternally his.

Twenty years.

Her mind was lost in waiting for her dear lost Naruto. Repeatedly having the suitors throw themselves at her, she devised a plan after spotting a familiar blonde dressed in tattered rags. There was no indication that it was her love, but she'd take every chance to test her theory out.

"Listen up. -

I'll marry whoever -"

It was evident that many of the suitor's eyes lit up, but she wasn't finished.

"Can shoot an arrow through a row of twelve axes using Odssyeus' great bow."

Immediately, the sudden hope or thought that they had a chance was gone. There was no possibility that they stood a chance regarding this test.

Observing each go through the test, no one could pull back the string, having no way of succeeding.

Eyes briefly meeting the blonde's, there was an instant spark. Never had Hinata felt that for anyone besides her king. She held her breath while waiting for him to draw the string and latch the arrow. "...Naruto-kun..." She mumbles under her breath.

Watching him let the string go, the arrow pierces threw and cuts through all twelve axes. Withholding herself from tackling him there and then, her pale lavender hues analyze him closely.

Within seconds, the tables turned, and the blonde aimed his bow at the suitors. Eyes widening, Hinata gaped in horror. What was he thinking?! Man after man getting pierced by his arrows, she felt her heart practically jump out of her chest. She hadn't noticed until later that her son and another man had joined the killing spree. The men may have all been beyond cruel toward the beggar, but did that mean they deserved death? Thinking about it, they had been trying to win her hand in marriage while Naruto was out for decades. Was this Naruto reclaiming his throne and ridding their kingdom of those who denied him?

In minutes, they're all slaughtered; all left is their family and an ally. Teary eyes, Hinata rushes over and throws herself at her lover. Without warning, her lips press against his. It had been far too long!

Naruto returned her passionate kiss. Rough, calloused hands threading through her silky hair, he tightens his embrace on his wife. He had dreamt of this moment soon after he had left twenty years before, and to be reunited with his lover, he couldn't ask for more!

Ignoring his filthy garments and state, Hinata broke away from her partner and longingly gazed into her husband's cerulean orbs. "... I missed you."

"I missed you too, Hinata... it's been far too long."

Hinata pushed herself up on her toes and pecked his lips once more. "... please, don't make me wait as long again... I wanted no one but you. Still, I fought all temptations to give up, I knew it in my heart that you were still alive."

Cupping her face, Naruto lovingly reassures her. "... I won't. I still need to finish some business. I promise to not leave you hanging this time, Hinata... I won't put you through that again."