2: Not a great Start

Vaniville Town, Kalos
1:19 PM

Ezekiel is currently sitting at the dining table reading through his mother's journal. It's an interesting read as he could see that his mother was very dedicated to being a Pokemon trainer.

"So wait... What exactly do Pokemon see when they're in the ball thing?" Ezekiel questions as his mother sits across from him.

"Whatever they want, could be their idea of paradise... It's a lot techno mumbo jumbo that I couldn't do justice." She says interlocking her hands together. "But you understanding everything?"

"Yeah seems simple enough, damage a Pokemon to the point that you can capture it... Wouldn't they be vengeful though?" Ezekiel questions sounding worried.

"Depends on the Pokemon, it's all dependent on trust, long as you establish that kind of trust? There won't be problems." She says handing her son instructions on how to set a tent.

Ezekiel looks them over and is given a map of the entire region.

"Once you leave Vaniville, you'll go through Aquacorde and then to Santalune where the first gym is, a bug type gym I think... More than enough time for you to work the kinks out." She says as Ezekiel sighs nervously.

Ezekiel feels Froakie hop onto his head and relaxes there as his mother snorts seeing this.

"Umm... This normal?" Ezekiel asks.

His mother raises her brow hearing this.

"You do realize Froakie is a frog right? And that he hops on stuff?" She asks rhetorically.

Ezekiel sighs hearing this and stands up but is thrown off by the extra weight on his head.

"Froakie, back in the PokeBall." Ezekiel calmly orders as Froakie allows himself to placed into the ball.

Ezekiel packs everything he'll need from camp supplies and as well as food for his Pokemon. Ezekiel stands before the door nervously but he's turned around by his mother.

"You be safe out there okay Zeke? If you ever need to come home? Don't hesitate to do so." She says hugging Ezekiel who returns it.

"Okay... Guess I'll get going now." Ezekiel says stepping out of the house and begins towards the exit of the town.

Ezekiel's mind races a hundred miles an hour with doubt and weak confidence. He looks at the PokeBall holding Froakie with worry.

During his walk through Vaniville, he stops and listens in on a News broadcast discussing the rampant poaching by a group going by the name of Hunter. Ezekiel has heard of Hunter during his years in school, starting as a Pokemon rescue center but was nothing more than a front from what he understands.

Ezekiel jogs across the street and turns the corner and bumps into a woman by accident.

"Oh crap! Sorry ma'am." Ezekiel says seeing the woman dressed in fancy white clothing looking almost serene.

"You're forgiven young man." She says kindly but looks down at his hip seeing a PokeBall attached to his hip. "You're a Pokemon trainer?"

Ezekiel stammers his words trying to come up with a sentence.

"As of today yeah... I should get going, apologies again for bumping into ya ma'am." Ezekiel says apologetically and jogs off.

Ezekiel eventually finds himself at the exit of Vaniville and looks off at the path and surrounding forest. He exhales nervously and looks back wanting to go home but he doesn't want to disappoint his mother either.

Ezekiel shakes his head while sighing in frustration as he walks forward with his heart quickly beating against his chest. He looks over the map and directions his mother gave him.