Teaser

"Why won't you just leave!"

The girl's hands slammed against the sink and the dull thud mixed with the echo of her cry. She scrunched her eyes shut, trying to escape from this reality. If I close my eyes long enough, maybe I'll wake up... Yeah right.

With a deep breath, she gazed up at the mirror. Her face greeted her. Nothing especially remarkable, yet nevertheless, a set of features that were uniquely hers. A stubby little nose. Large eyes that were incredibly far-sighted. A few spots that a conservative layer of make-up failed to hide. She grimaced.

"This is my face. My body. Mine," she growled.

Her fingers curled around the edge of the sink. A nausea came over her. She wanted to curse, but her teeth were gritted and she couldn't move. Every muscles was tensed.

Slowly, her features shifted a little. To a stranger, it wasn't noticeable, but the corners of her mouth lifted into a small, bright smile. Her eyes glowed with a soothing warmth. Her back slouched a little and her grip loosened on the sink.

The girl eyed herself. Her right fingers ran over her cheek. Such soft skin. She frowned for a moment, then turned away.

As she left the bathroom, she mumbled, "It isn't your body... Its ours."

Two more words lingered on her tongue, but remained unsaid. As she stepped out into the hallway, they dissolved into thin air.

I'm sorry.