SEVEN DEVILS

Holy water cannot help you now

Holy water cannot help you now. . .

■ ■ ■ ■ ■

SAVNI BRENNAN, A GIRL of many secrets, needed to get rich quick. What better place to go than Ketterdam, where saints came to die and sinners were reborn, where things just so happened to go missing all the time? Gold, priceless paintings, people...

Savni wasn't the kind of person who stole; she was used to the modest things in life ― the exhaustion of a long day's work, a warm bed to sleep in, a dress sewn by her mother's meticulous hand that never failed to catch the eyes of the boys and girls in town. She grew up on the outskirts of Novyi Zem, a compromise for her Kaelish father and Suli mother, a man born from hard labour and a woman who yearned for the freedom of the wind in her hair.

In a twist of fate, it was her mother and sister who lead her to Ketterdam. Savni woke up one day and they were just... gone. Like the wind had finally taken them from her. Her father refused to accept that his wife and eldest daughter might have grown restless. He believed they were taken, sold into slavery or worse, for the secrets they buried deep. He poured blood, sweat, tears, money ― so much money ― into trying to find them, only to die six months later of a heart attack.

Died of a broken heart, the doctor told Savni, sounding almost bored. The bank came knocking the very next morning with dollar signs in their eyes. Her father had spent more money than he could ever afford to repay in his lifetime and now Savni was without both a house, her parents and her sister as she paid off their debts and suffered through the aftermath of their own secrets and sins.

Ketterdam, in some ways, was her last resort. She just never expected to find anything of worth hidden in its shady streets. She had her eyes on the prize; to get enough gold and run like hell out of there. Buy back the farm where the last of her good memories remained. She wasn't so sure if she wanted to learn the truth of her mother and sister, if her father had merely been lying to himself. Rotting with a heart torn in two. But she had a reason now and as luck would have it, Kaz Brekker, the man who knew no reasons, happened to be looking for a Grisha.

What a coincidence it was, a real stroke of luck, that Savni just happened to be one (the root of the problem, after all?) That a promise of money and protection in Ketterdam while she needed it most would be just enough to change everything she thought she knew about herself.

Gone was the girl who Savni had grown content to be. In her place was a stranger, the newest barrel rat, and Savni was uncertain if she liked what she saw as, one by one, her greatest devils came knocking.

■ ■ ■ ■ ■

STARRING. . .

CHARITHRA CHANDRAN
as SAVNI ' SAV ' BRENNAN
❝I have made it this far alone. I don't need any of you.❞

FREDDY CARTERas KAZ BREKKER❝What does a girl like you have to offer in Ketterdam?❞

FREDDY CARTER
as KAZ BREKKER
❝What does a girl like you have to offer in Ketterdam?❞

AMITA SUMANas INEJ GHAFA❝You remind me of home, of who I could've been had things been different

AMITA SUMAN
as INEJ GHAFA
❝You remind me of home, of who I could've been had things been different.❞

FEATURING

FEATURING. . .

cillian murphy as fionn brennan
shelley conn as anjali makkar-brennan
simone ashley as ritu brennan
kit young as jesper fahey
jack wolfe as wylan van eck
danielle galligan as nina zenik
calahan skogman as matthias helvar

■ ■ ■ ■ ■

Disclaimer: I don't own Six of Crows. All rights belong to Leigh Bardugo and her series. I only own my original characters, Savni and her family, and any plotlines you're unable to recognise.

Dedications!

-trojanwar sectumsirius -elliptical
-WINEAUNT GirlPotterheadXx katrosaurus moonslver