This Is Home ≫ Snake x Adopted! Little Sister! Reader x Ice (PLATONIC)

Art: aoifes-cats-101

⚠️ Warnings ⚠️
• Some angst
• Hinted animal abuse
• Animal neglect
• A few frightening/intense moments
• Some gore

This is a request for RoseShadeWarriorCat.
Thank you for your request! I'm so grateful for your support and patience!

****

Another day, another adventure. At least, that's what you had gotten in the habit of telling yourself each time the first rays of sunlight peered through the entrance to your housefolks' den and roused you from your fretful slumber. It was a sarcastic thought, of course— a mantra that you repeated like a prayer for death whenever you were forced to open your eyes and face the harsh reality of the life you called yours.

You rolled lazily onto your back, still half-asleep. You had neglected to open your eyes yet, but based on the way the sun felt on your exposed belly, it was just past sunhigh.
Finally giving in to the urge to wake up and stretch, you opened your eyes and turned over so your chin was resting on the hard ground, then arched your spine in a long stretch.
What a night, You groaned internally. I must've slept on my neck funny.
You laughed dryly at the thought, almost humoring yourself. You never had one night where you didn't wake up feeling like you had been hit by a monster, because your housefolk never bothered to give you anything soft to sleep on. You took up residence on the cold, painfully hard wood floor of the den, and if you were lucky, you could sneak onto the soft white rock the female twoleg always sat on and curl up for a few precious moments.
You cringed, remembering the last time she had caught you dozing on her favorite spot. You still had to favor your left front paw.

Your belly snarled violently, causing a wave of sharp nausea to claw it's way up your throat. You gagged, swallowing a mouthful of bile as you turned towards your food bowl. As usual, it was completely empty say for a single fly buzzing about inside of the rim, desperately trying to find any leftover scraps to lay it's eggs on. You watched the small insect, pity causing your throat to swell up.
You and me both, little guy.
You turned away from your sad-looking food dish, instead resting your gaze on the see-through gap in the den's wall above the soft rock, which had been left slightly ajar. Figuring you might be able to scrounge up a morsel or two from a scrapcan outside, you bunched your malnourished muscles underneath you and sprang onto the back of the resting spot before squeezing through the gap in the wall. It was an easy fit, considering that you didn't eat nearly enough to cover up your ribs, let alone possess any amount of body fat.

The warm sun on your pelt was a welcome feeling compared to the stark coldness of your housefolks' den's interior, and you breathed a small sigh of relief as you leaped down from the gap and began your morning stroll down the quiet thunderpath.
It was still quite early, early enough to where most cats your age were still sleeping soundly after a full night of chasing mice through their housefolks' backyards and dashing carelessly up and down the quiet thunderpaths of the small twolegplace. You often heard them deep into the night, yowling happily as they lived their wonderful, carefree lives. You longed to join them, but the crippling fear of what might await you on your ill-fated return to your housefolk kept you on that cold wood floor. In simpler words, if you slipped out that gap in the wall one night and joined the other kittens, you would never go back—and you didn't have anywhere else to go.

"Good morning, (Y/N)!" A familiar voice called from somewhere above you. You paused your wandering thoughts for a moment, coming to a halt underneath the shade of a large twoleg den and tilting your head back to see who had called out to you. It turned out to be Stripes, an older ginger-and-white tabby tom with yellow eyes and a plump, perfectly round belly that you envied mercilessly. The she-cat who shared the same den was perched on the tall gray structure beside him, her gray tail swaying calmly. Ghost was her name, and although rather old and quick-tempered, she had still shown you the kindness and affection you so longed for.