༺ 17 ༻

╭━ ⋅𖥔⋅ ━━✶━━ ⋅𖥔⋅ ━╮

╭━ ⋅𖥔⋅ ━━✶━━ ⋅𖥔⋅ ━╮

𝑌 / 𝑁
━━━━

"So...Y/N," Connie slurs. "You do know that you can tell Papa Connie anything, right?"

"Papa Connie?" I scoff. My mouth is slightly agape at his newfound nickname which I assume he must've given to himself.

He shakes his head in disappointment and disbelief; as if I'm at fault for doubting the name he created. "Yeah, everyone calls me that. But that's not the point. What's the tea with you and Snow White, Gojo Satoru?" His eyelashes bat about fifteen times before I finally give into his ludicrous gossip session.

"And what is it you'd like to know Cornelious?" As I notice the crimson color rush to his face, I chuckle, biting the inside of my cheek to prevent myself from full-on laughing.

"Stop that!" he whispers, notably embarrassed. "Anyways," he says, shifting in his seat and inching closer to me. "Is it true you two dated and you nearly burned his house to the ground?"

"What?!" I shout, nearly spilling the drink in my hand. "Where'd you hear that?"

He lifts his nose slightly before smugly saying, "Sorry, I can't reveal my sources. But just know that people are talking about it."

"And no one bothered to ask me?" I inquire, arching my eyebrow in his direction. "To answer your question, we never dated. We collaborated on a project and hooked up a few times. I realized I didn't want to hook up anymore, so we called it quits. That's it. No horror stories."

"Hmmm," he nods, placing a finger to his chin as though he was in deep thought. "I suppose I believe you."

"Wow, thank you so much, Connie," I sarcastically remark before finally departing for the kitchen.

"Wait!" He shouts, gripping my wrist tightly. "I have one more question," he slyly smiles.

"Do you work for the FBI or something?" I ask, prying his sweaty fingers from my wrist. "I'm not answering any more questions for the next two days—to accommodate for the number of questions you've asked—so make it worthwhile."

"Okay, okay. Don't worry because this one is so good that everyone will want to know now," he excitedly giggles. "Who's a better kisser? Eren or Gojo?"

I can't help the forlorn sigh that escapes my throat before rolling my eyes and bidding ado to the clown in front of me. "Goodbye Connie."

"Hey!! You can't leave the people hanging! They'll want to know! I'll take your silence as confirmation that it's Eren. Gojo has to be a lousy kisser if you stopped hooking up! Right?" He continues shouting even as I walk to the other side of the villa. I hope he doesn't wake someone up with all that yelling.

He's got some nerve—and we're not even that close! Maybe the humidity is getting to his head because he seems to be getting bolder with each passing day.