Chapter 20

It wasn't as easy as I imagined, guards were everywhere, but I managed to escape

It wasn't as easy as I imagined, guards were everywhere, but I managed to escape. I hoped I could find the Blacksmith from before but he was nowhere to be seen. Luckily, the hound was still in town.
"Sandor!" I yell and he shoots to look at me.
"Lady Roslyn." He says hopping off his horse.
"I need to escape, can you take me to Winterfell." I ask and he nods.
"The babies need to be silent." He says and i nod, rocking the sleeping babies.
"Thank you." I whisper and we take out leave.

We rode for a month, my babies were severely malnourished. I fed all I could to them. The hound was kind to me, he always helped. We were close to Winterfell. I hoped my family would be there.
"We're almost there Roslyn." The hound says as I feed my babies, we have been lodging with many people. We pretend that I'm his wife and these are our children, most people try to buy them off us. But many are generous. We decide to go through the forest, it's safer, at least we thought.
"Who's there?" The hound says as we hear rumbling in the leaves.
"Sandor?" I whisper, trying to sooth baby Robb, who was crying.
"Run, take the babies, run." He whispers drawing out his sword. I run as far as I can, I watch him get taken by some men, men without banners. I run for ages, until I run into a group of men a day later.
"What do we have here?" They say and I turn to see the Bolton flag.
"You serve Lord Robb?" I ask and they nod.
"I am Lady Roslyn Arryn." I say rocking my babies, how I'm holding both i don't know..
"That's the King's children!" One of them says, I hold my babies close.
"How did you escape?" One man says.
"Lady Roslyn, Your aunt sent me to retrieve you from King's Landing, how are you here?" A woman asks, I turn and see the tallest lady I've ever seen.
"Ros?" A voice says from behind her.
"Jamie!" I yell running over to him.
"Your hand!" I say gesturing or the hand handing by a thread on his neck.
"Don't mind that, let me see them". He says and I hold up the babies.
"Twins." He whispers and i nod.
"How are you here?" He says marvelling at the babies.
"The hound took me here, he got captured." I say and I turn to look at the men.
"Untie him." I order and they laugh.
"I don't take orders from you. I bet I could get a lot of money for you. The king is looking for you." The man says, coming towards me.
"Don't go near me." I say trying to walk backwards, causing the babies to wake up.
"Let me help her!" The lady knight says, they nod.
"Shut that fucking baby up." The man says, freeing the lady.
"Thank you." I say handing her one of the babies.
"Your Aunt sent me to retrieve you and her daughters." She says and i nod.
"Lady Arya is presumed dead, she went missing after the death of Ned, Sansa is set to marry Lord Tyrion." I say and she nods.
"Your babies are gorgeous. I would pledge my life for you but they took my sword." She says rocking the baby.
"Let me hold one!" Jamie calls out weakly.
"Fuck off kingslayer." One man says
"Let me hold my child!" He yells back, The lady looks at me.
"His child?" She says raising her eyebrow
"Don't judge." I say and she laughs.

We ride for two days, they won't tell me where we're going. Jamie is weaker than normal, he can barely go on his horse most days. Lady Brianne, she told me her name, was a huge help, Jamie wasn't allowed to hold my children so she done it on his behalf.
"Here we are." One of the men says, it's Harenhall, with Bolton Banners.
"I thought we were going to Robb". I ask and they just laugh.
As we enter the gates, Roose Bolton greets us.
"Kingslayer." He says as Jamie is pushed off his horse and forced to kneel.
"On your knees. Lord Bolton, I give you the Kingslayer." The man says, Lord Bolton looks at me.
"Where did you find her?" He says looking at me, a rotten, dirty me.
"She was on her way to Winterfell." The man says.
"The babies?" He says grabbing Alicent out of Brianne's hands.
"The kings, but the Kingslayer swears it's his." The man says laughing.
"Go clean them up. Help Ser Jamie's hand." Lord Bolton says and I thank him.
"Your family shall return soon." He says and I smile.

The bathroom was amazing, I had waited for a bath for months. My babies surely needed it too.
"Fetch some linen for the babies." I ask a maid, they nod.
"Enjoying the bath?" Brianne says entering my tub.
"Just about." I say cleaning the twins, who were laughing.
"How old are they now?" She asks, washing herself.
"Around 7 weeks." I say and she smiles.
"They have your eyes." She says, there blue eyes faded into green, my green.
"Thank you." I say as Brianne finishes and leaves.
"Do they look like me?" Jamie says as he enters the tub.
"You can finally hold them, and look at them without the dirt on them." I say as he comes over to me.
"They look like true lannisters." He says and I smile.
"What did Robb do to you?" I say tracing my hand on his stub.
"Nothing I can't handle." He says and I laugh.
"Why did you run?" He asks and I sigh.
"Stannis attacked the day they were born, Lady Margery Tyrell asked for Joffrey's hand in marriage in return, he accepted. Your father wanted to marry me, I declined and fled. He said they would kill my babies." I say almost crying.
"Your here now, I shall personally escort you to your family, even if it costs me my life." He says before holding one of the babies.
"This one looks like you." He says holding up Robb.
"She looks like you." I say holding up Alicent.
"I've missed you." He says playing with Robb, who laughs at him.
"I've missed you too." I say and we kiss. Baby Alicent grabs onto his finger, he looks down at her in wonder.
"She likes you." I say smiling.
"Here's the linen you asked for!" The maid says and I hand her the babies.
"Get them washed and cleaned." I say and she bows.

I begin rubbing my body roughly, I hate dirt.
"Not so hard, you'll scrape the skin off." He says laughing.
"I hate dirt." I say an he takes brush away from me.
"If i faint, pull me out, i don't want to be the first Lannister to die in a tub." He says using the brush on himself.
"Why should I care how you die? I ought to kill you myself after you stole my brush!" I say trying to grab it back. He laughs and holds it away from me.
"Give it!" I say and he drops it.
"I yield!" He says and I laugh.
"How did you beat Stannis?" He asks and I think.
"Your brother led the attack, wildfire." I say and he freezes.
"Wildfire, The Mad King was obsessed with it. He loved to watch people burn, the way their skin blackened and blistered and melted off their bones. He burned lords he didn't like. He burned Hands who disobeyed him. He burned anyone who was against him. Before long, half the country was against him. Aerys saw traitors everywhere. So he had his pyromancer place caches of wildfire all over the city- beneath the Sept of Baelor and the slums of Flea Bottom. Under houses, stables, taverns. Even beneath the Red Keep itself. Finally, the day of reckoning came. Robert Baratheon marched on the capital after his victory at the Trident. But my father arrived first with the whole Lannister army at his back, promising to defend the city against the rebels. I knew my father better than that. He's never been one to pick the losing side. I told the Mad King as much. I urged him to surrender peacefully. But the king didn't listen to me. He didn't listen to Varys who tried to warn him. But he did listen to Grand Maester Pycelle, that grey, sunken cunt. 'You can trust the Lannisters,' he said. 'The Lannisters have always been true friends of the crown.' So we opened the gates and my father sacked the city. Once again, I came to the king, begging him to surrender. He told me to bring him my father's head. Then he turned to his pyromancer. 'Burn them all,' he said. 'Burn them in their homes. Burn them in their beds.' Tell me, if your precious Robb commanded you to kill your own father and stand by while thousands of men, women, and children burned alive, would you have done it? Would you have kept your oath then?" He asks, i dont know how to answer.
"First, I killed the pyromancer. And then when the king turned to flee, I drove my sword into his back. 'Burn them all,' he kept saying. 'Burn them all.' I don't think he expected to die. He- he meant to burn with the rest of us and rise again, reborn as a dragon to turn his enemies to ash. I slit his throat to make sure that didn't happen. That's where Ned Stark found me." He says and I grab his chin.
"If this is true why didn't you tell anyone? Why didn't you tell my uncle?" I ask and he looks exhausted.
"You think the honorable Ned Stark wanted to hear my side? He judged me guilty the moment he set eyes on me. By what right does the wolf judge the lion? By what right?" He says before fainting, I hold him in my arms.
"Help! Help! The Kingslayer!" I yell out and he grabs my arm.
"Jamie, my names Jamie." He says before fainting.