iv. sewer rats

☟Camille slowly regained consciousness, her eyes blinking open to a blinding green light

Camille slowly regained consciousness, her eyes blinking open to a blinding green light.

As her vision cleared, she found herself in a spacious yet confining glass cage identical to the other one holding the rest of the campers. The other one, her friends! Panic washed over Camille as she tried to sit up, but a searing pain in her chest jolted through her body, reminding her of the recent electric shock she endured.

"All accounted for," a BRAD-X stated blatantly before marching out of the room leaving Camille alone again. She looked around, searching for an exit, her heart pounding in her chest. Her fingers grasped at the smooth and transparent walls, desperately seeking a way out. Camille let out a roar of frustration "No! There has to be a way! I can't stay here!"

She pressed her body against the glass, trying to find any weak points or signs of vulnerability while repeatedly throwing herself at the glass. The burning sensation in her chest intensified with every passing moment, making her feel weak and disoriented.

She tumbled away from the glass, holding her shoulder as she shook it out, "Guys! Anybody? Please, someone...help me!" She screamed as her voice broke yet it was no use, the BRAD-X came marching into the room as a green laser scanned the room before beeping,

Camille stifled out a sigh clearly unable to find an escape, Camille curled into the corner of the cage, her back pressed against the cold glass. Tears threatened to fall down her face as she struggled to hold back sobs, feeling utterly trapped and helpless.

She longed for someone to hear her cries, to free her from this nightmarish predicament. The weight of her circumstances bore down on her, and the realization that escape seemed impossible made her want to break down completely.

She didn't like feeling this way,

She wanted this nightmare to be over,

Camille wanted to go home,

But not her home,

Home.

At the thought of her friends, she heard faint yelling come from beneath her, wait beneath?