viii. the 'not so accidental' kiss

☟Sammy and Camille made their way through the underground Medbay, dragging along the last lengths of meat

Sammy and Camille made their way through the underground Medbay, dragging along the last lengths of meat.

They were set on the task of getting food for the t-rexes. However, today, Sammy had something else on their mind - Camille's crush on Yasmina. "So, Camille," Sammy began, a sly grin on her face, "When are you going to talk to Yasmina again? You know she likes you!"

Camille felt the warmth rise in her cheeks, pretending not to know what Sammy was talking about. "Oh, come on, Sammy. You're imagining things...seriously,"

Sammy raised an eyebrow, not buying Camille's denial for a second. "You're not fooling anyone. First of all, the way you used to follow Yaz around was so obvious you liked her, and two, you guys have kissed before surely that means something!?"

Camille's eyes widened in shock, realizing that her secret wasn't as safe as she thought anymore. "You promised not to tell anyone!" She whined

"Don't worry," Sammy assured, "I haven't told a soul. But seriously, Camille you should talk to her more. She likes you, and you like her too, right?"

Camille hesitated, trying to find the right words. "I... I'm not sure, Sammy. I mean, yeah okay we kissed that one time, but it was probably just a one-time thing...and lately, it feels like she's been avoiding me." The two girls toss the meat onto the metal platform, standing upon it waiting for it to reach the top.

Sammy chuckled. "Avoiding you? I think you're just overthinking things. Trust me, Yasmina likes you, and you should give it a chance."

Camille sighed, her emotions in turmoil. "I don't want to get hurt, Sammy. I had this outburst because I thought she liked you, and it hurt. I felt like she hated me after that...I made her cry, Sammy,"

Sammy laughed, "Come on, Camille. Yasmina doesn't hate you nor does she even like me like that, she raves about you all the time...She's probably just confused about you and her feelings, too. You two need to talk it out!"

"I don't even know how to start that conversation," Camille admitted, her heart racing at the thought of confronting her feelings all over again.

"Just be honest," Sammy advised. "Tell her how you feel, and let her know you want to be more than just friends. Trust me, it's better to know where you stand than to keep guessing..."