ix. prepare for war

☟Ben was running faster than anybody had seen him move his skinny legs

Ben was running faster than anybody had seen him move his skinny legs.

The rest of the campers struggling to catch up to the running boy. "Ben, slow down. We won't get Bumpy back without a plan." Darius panted,

Camille was running side by side with her fingers interlocked between Yasminas. Though Yasmina couldn't help but smile she questioned why Camille never let go of their hands, not even for a split second when their near each other, she didn't mind either way.

"Why don't you let go of my hand anymore?" Yasmina raised her brows as Camille felt a tender frown across her lips,

"Well now that everybody kinda knows...I can hold your hand without a second thought, I always wanted to be the one to hold your hand," She smiled at the girl as Yasmina chewed on her bottom lip fighting back blush before the two slowed down along side the others after finally catching up to Ben.

"Find her?" Brooklynn huffed, kneeling beside Ben trying to catch her breath,

"No." Ben painfully answered, "But I found Kenji and his new best friend."

They all glanced forwards to see who Ben referred to,

"Hawkes?"

They saw him and Kenji standing by the compounds doors,

Camille grit her teeth together and kept an arm around Yasmina protectively, "Of course him of all people would work for Mr. Kon and my father...not surprised after the events on nublar,"

Darius sighed, "Mr. Kon and Mr. Moreau are exactly the type of guys who would work with a jerk like Hawkes."

"Yeah, but who expected Kenji to be?" Brooklynn quietly said with a gloomy look as Sammy kneeled by her, "well, at least he'll be mad when he sees the control chips are gone."