xi. finally home

☟Sat hidden in the trees were the campers, staying low on the platform and out of sight

Sat hidden in the trees were the campers, staying low on the platform and out of sight.

Camille's groggy consciousnesses slowly clawed it's way to the surface, accompanied by a throbbing ache in her body assisting her awkening. Her eyes fluttered open, finding herself in a surreal setting no longer being on the ground. Confusion mixed with pain weaved throughout her mind as she tried to process her surroundings and the muffled voices she could faintly hear through clouded hearing.

Yasmina sat with Camille in her lap, her worried expression illuminated by the soft light filtering through the leaves above. She held a piece of cloth and was cleaning Camille's split lip, careful not to cause her anymore discomfort.

Camille's breath hitched as her memory replayed the brutal altercation with her father. The pain in her ribs flared the moment she took a breath in, a strangled gasp escaped her lips as her hand instinctively went to her side.

Yasmina looked down, her gaze filled with worry as Camille was restless beneath Yasminas strong grip holding her down. "Camille it's okay,"

Camille's heart raced, panic threatening to engulf her as she looked around at the faces of her fellow campers. "Where...Where am I? How'd I get up here?" Her voice trembled, a mixture of fear and confusion.

Yasmina sighed softly and released the girl as Camille eased back into Yasmina, Brooklynn gazed over, sat beside Camille, "We were able to run and grab you after you passed out before anything...bad happened to you.."

Camille tried to sit up, but a sharp pain in her ribs forced her back down into Yasmina, "I...I don't understand. How did I even get up here? Did you...carry me?"

Brooklynn nodded as Ben came into Camille's view, "We carried a whole dinosaur from the sewers to a platform, it wasn't easy but we got you up here safely,"

"We couldn't just leave you there, you were in bad shape," Sammy said from behind Yasmina, Camille exhaled, a thankful look on her face for her friends.

🎉 You've finished reading '𝙄𝙈 𝙎𝙏𝙄𝙇𝙇 𝙎𝙏𝘼𝙉𝘿𝙄𝙉𝙂' || 𝙔𝘼𝙎𝙈𝙄𝙉𝘼 𝙁𝘼𝘿𝙊𝙐𝙇𝘼 🎉