Erin's Showtime 😈

Erin

"Woah, woah, woah, calm down fella. Don't take another step," I threaten the cocky dude with a grin.

He grins as he does just that.

All smiles leave my face. A dark shadow casts over my eyes as I walk over to him. He may be taller than me, but even I notice his uneasiness under my murderous glare.

"Why'd you surround my school?"

"My orders doesn't concern you."

Footsteps approach me from behind. Rydell.

"What the hell's going on?"asks Rydell

"What's going on is you kids better vacate the grounds before I put you in the ground," Unnamed Boi over here says.

"Listen right here----"

A single gunshot, loud and clear.

I look down. A red flower is blossoming on my chest. I turn towards Rydell before passing out.

I wake up screaming from my nightmares. Panting, I take a look at my surroundings. White tiles and white furniture. White windows and white curtains. A hospital, basically.

Events from before come flooding back. The heart rate monitor beeps fast as I clench my fists. Whole world turned upside down yesterday. Still can't believe it. He-Who -Must-Not-Be-Named seems like the leader of all this. Not some lapdog.
I wince when I check the wound. It's ok but still stings.

Wait. Where's Rydell?

I look around, and sigh.

I'll find him.

That alone gives me motivation, pulling out the needles and sensors. I stand up with some effort and take the first step. Nearly fall but steady myself. Feeling hopelessness creep up but I bite down hard on my lip, drawing blood.

"Get your act together Erin," mentally slapping myself.

But guards are just outside my room. There has to be a ventilator shaft somewhere... found it!

I take one of the crutches and push upwards on the steel grate until it budges. Then I grab a nearby chair and table, stacking them up. I climb carefully, not wanting to make any noise. Then I kick the chair away and close the grate back. Sadly I can't return the table back to where it was, probably giving the guards a clue.

I crawl along quickly, pausing at each ray of light filtering through the grates to know my location in the building. Once I see an exit that leads outside, I climb out. The bright sunlight nearly blinds me and I squint, looking around.

Parked cars. Let's get it.

I picklock the handle and I hop in. Hotwire in 'n' out. The car starts and I head towards the apartment. I limp to my flat and quickly change clothes. Look in the mirror. There's a shadow over my hooded eyes. Devoid of any emotion. Blank. My blue eyes stare back at me with intensity.

I look out the window. The yellow prison buses are still there in the distance, reflecting the orange glow of the Sun.

Where could Rydell be?

It's times like these that I feel frustrated, wishing a solution could just be an A--->B thing.

Sigh. I guess there's only one thing to do now.

I walk towards one of the buses, arms in the air. A loud creaking sound echoes out, bringing all the enemies to attention. My footsteps make a rhythmic thud as I walk slowly.

"Aight boys, you got me," I raise my voice to say.

One dude comes over, holding a rifle. He scans me, making sure I'm unarmed. Good to go. Until I hit his face with a left hook. He stumbles, groaning in pain. One of his boys whistle, signaling to step out of the cross hairs on my head. He motions to lower arms. His nose is bright red, with a trickle of blood. He grins before fixing his nose in place.

"I could do this all day," he boasts, fists up.

"Steve Rogers reference," I noted, before gut checking him.

He leans forward, coming in contact with my left knee. He sprawls backwards, landing on the ground. Hold him in submission, threatening to break his arm. His buddy whistles again, eager to headshot me. Homeboy groans in pain but still waves him off. I smile and snap his arm the opposite way. Loud crack and wait for it....

"AAAHHH!!!," he screams on queue

I love moments like this. I stand up sluggishly over him, sunlight casting a shadow over his terrified face. I pick up his rifle with speed and kill him. Not even a breath later, headshot Whistles.

A bullet ricochets close to me and I duck as more guys open fire. I duck behind a metal barrel and check how much ammo left. Enough. Good. I raise my head just above the rim, doing a quick headcount. Ten, eleven guys. Hm. They gonna die today.

I jump out when they least expect and run towards them zigzag to tail off the cross hairs. I rapid fire three guys ahead of me and a bullet grazes my left shoulder. I hiss in pain and shoot the dude down. Six left.

Another shot. This time it's my thigh. I stumble immediately but still keep going. The pain is increasing every second and my heart is beating fast, causing blood to seep out of the wound. Gritting my teeth, I aim to the guy at the driver's seat and fire two quick shots. I fall on one knee now. Can't move any faster. I hide behind one of the now empty buses, back seat.

Three guys enter quickly, scanning every row. I drag myself under a chair, unfortunately leaving a trail of blood behind. The guys are now at the chair I just left. I lay on my back, facing their direction, now under another one. I see their shoes moving quietly on the floor.

Homeboy is wearing Crocs to a gunfight. But I digress.

One peeps under the chair and immediately half his face is gone in a bang. The other two yell orders and spray the chair with bullets. I feign death. One guy peeks under and then grabs my leg, pulling me out into the open. Before he checks my pulse, I bring up the gun to his face and pull the trigger. Same to the other guy before he has time to react.

Two left. I'm too weak to move now. Vision goes blurry as the remaining two pick me up by both shoulders and drag me out of the bus. My Nikes are making trails of blood on the asphalt.

As I fade out of consciousness, I make up this melody in my head.

Melody,
Melody in my head,
Bloody,
Bloody tiepid head,
I'm dying, dying, dying
Before I was smiling, smiling, smiling,
Wish I knew, wish I knew,
T'was gonna happen.
Sun sets on a  casual day,
Casting shadows on every way,
The streets, the buses, the city.
NuevaTornio,
Broken up and torn though,
Everything, everything,
will be changed for sure.
Na
Na na na na na na
Na na na na na na
Na na na na na na
Oh na na na
....
Sorry Rydell
Couldn't save you
We just met
Hope you aren't in a cell
You'll be fine without me, I bet
The force of freedom brews...