Karamatsu and Brother!Reader

Requested by 1Freak-Show

I had always been told that my anger was going to get me into trouble, growing frustrated at the repeated statement like nothing else was true.

My fists pummeled the sand-filled punching bag relentlessly, my muscles never tiring from the assault as my mind repeated the new scenario that presented itself in class. Himiko, the only girl in my class that I admired for her quiet strength and wishing to grow closer to her, was gone.

A solid 'thunk' as my left fist sunk into the punching bag, my eyes beginning to water from some kind of pain separate from the hit.

Himiko. The very same girl who gave me her spare pencil and gifted it to me when I tried to return it. The wonderful teenager who had a tender heart for those around her. The strong young woman who spoke loudly against bullying, even threatening to hit the bullies herself when they wouldn't back down.

My wrist crumpled as my fists began to soften, tears flooding my eyes and obscuring my vision.

Himiko...the very same girl who stood up against those oppressing others was stolen by the oppressors in her own life.

When my fists held no more strength, I switched to my knees and elbows, fully intent on beating the life out of the punching bag.

Himiko...had 'moved' to a different town because her 'parents' treated her like absolute shit, skipping town to live with her grandparents.

...it's not fair.

I barely heard the rip of fabric.

It's not fair....

My knee sunk into the solid tarp lining of the punching bag, barely indenting the packed sand.

It's not fair.

An elbow twisted the lining as I swung my full body weight into the blow.

"It's not fair!"

"(Y/n)?"

My tunnel-vision focus snapped mid-knee, freezing up completely in the darkness of my room. The only source of light came from the hallway through my now open door, a shadow blocking most of the illumination.

"...you were shouting."

"Sorry...big brother," I slowly stood back up as my splayed fingers caught the viciously swinging bag, stilling the motion in a few heartbeats, "Just..."

The door slowly slid closed, the room once more swallowed by the evening darkness, "Oh, you ripped it."

One of my older brothers stepped into view, his sunglasses pushed up over his fringe as his dark eyes looked over the extensive damage done to the punching bag.

"...it can be replaced, Karamatsu."

"Yes, it can," He hummed with a smile, turning his focus towards me, "Much better buying a ¥3000 bag cover than a casket. What's got you this riled up?"

My face scrunched into a distrusting expression, unsure if I wanted to say the real reason or if I wanted to maintain my tough persona.

I flinched at the brief touch of Karamatsu's fingers against my clenched fist, recoiling harshly and taking a few steps away from his imposing posture to gain more ground mentally.

"It's just me here."

"I..." My tongue tripped over my words, "There's this girl that was in my class that I really liked. She was really strong...someone that I wanted to help whenever I could--"