Save the Last One

Olivia was pacing outside of the bedroom where Carl was, he was going to be okay but she was still nervous to see him

Olivia was pacing outside of the bedroom where Carl was, he was going to be okay but she was still nervous to see him. She was the same way every time she went to see Rick in the hospital. She didn't even realise that someone was watching her. 

"You know you're never going to force yourself to go in there if you keep doing that whole stressed out momma pace you're doing." Tyler laughed as he looked at Olivia 

Olivia nodded, "I know." she knocked on the door before walking in, "Hey bud." 

Carl had perked up when he saw Olivia walking in, shutting the door  behind her, "Hi." 

"How are you feeling?" Olivia asked as she sat down on the side of the bed 

Carl paused before he said, "It hurts more than when I broke my arm...so bad." 

"That bad huh?" Olivia asked and Carl nodded, "Well shi...sugar." 

Carl gave her a look, "You can say shit in front of me, I'm old enough." 

"Hey! Watch your mouth kid." Olivia smiled before lightly tapping Carl on the leg 

Carl rolled his eyes, "This is bullshit." 

Olivia raised an eyebrow, "What was that? I don't think I heard that right?" 

Carl smiled, "Nothing. Nothing." 

Olivia stood up, "Well I'll leave you to it, I don't want your momma to tell me off for being in here." she walked over to the door, "I'll come see you though, that okay?" Carl nodded, "Good, I was going to anyway." 

When she walked out of the door she almost bumped into Shane, she looked up at him and noticed the change in him, "Oh, okay...that's new...you know it kinda suits you." 

Shane chuckled as he rubbed his now bald head, "Thanks...look I need to talk to you about something." The pair moved to the side where no one else was, "Listen to me. Rick...he's not the man he was before. You needa' be careful around him, you listen to me and me only alright?" 

Rick wasn't completely different from the man she knew before all of this. He was just a worried father and husband trying to survive just like everyone else. But even after everything Olivia believed in her father. If Shane said that Rick had changed then she would believe him.