Chapter 1 - Newcomer

a story where your best friend enid, gets a new roommate named wednesday. will you be enemies, friends, or more? both of your lives will be changed... forever.
-
wednesday x fem reader
-

 -wednesday x fem reader -

Wednesday's pov:

I watch the raindrops race down the car window as we head towards my new school, Nevermore. My parents are forcing me against my will to attend because of what happened at my previous school. To make a long story short - Piranhas, swim team, lost testicle. It was the least they deserved for torturing my brother, Pugsley. Only I can torture him.

-

I've officially arrived at Nevermore Academy. My parents boasted about how amazing this will be for me. They did attend Nevermore themselves after all. They say it's where they fell in love. I feel nauseous remembering them swooning over each other. Not in the good way.

-

"Wednesday is certainly a unique name" Principal Weems said with an uneasy smile.

"Her name comes from a line from my favorite nursery rhyme, "Wednesday's child is full of woe." My mother said proudly in response.

I kept a cold stare on Principal Weems through my raven bangs. I'm moving to the same hall Mother shared with Weems.

"Shall we go meet your new roommate?" Mother asked with a smile.

My eyes widened as I entered my new room. It looks like a rainbow vomited all over my new roommates side of the room.

"Howdy Roomie!" The small girl comes running towards me, her blonde curls bouncing with every step.

"I'm Enid! Welcome to Ophelia hall!"
She takes a step forward with open arms. I do not hesitate to take a step back, giving her an intimidating glare.

"Not a hugger. Got it." She said quietly while taking a step back, putting her arms behind her back.

I think to myself how this can't get any worse.

"Please excuse Wednesday, she's allergic to color." Mother explains.

"Woah, what happens to you?" Enid asked concerningly.

"I break out into hives and then the flesh peels off my bones." I respond flatly.

-

Enid showed me around Nevermore while Lurch unpacked my belongings in my room. She excitingly showed me around while all I could think of was my plan to escape.
It was time for my family to leave. I stayed emotionless through the good-byes. Pugsley got the most out of me

"Pugsley, you're soft and weak.
You'll never survive without me. I give you two months, tops." I said blankly.

Pugsley gave me a soft smile "I'll miss you too, sis"

-

(y/n) pov:

Enid told me she was getting a new roommate today. She always said how lonely it was not having anyone with her, so I tried to spend as much time in her room as possible. I make my way over to her room to get the scoop on her new roommate.

"Knock knock." I say smiling while opening the door. Enid didn't mind me barging in.
"Sooo... how's the new roomie?" I questioned.

"Um, she's just shy. She'll open up." Enid responded with positivity. If there was one thing to know about Enid, she was one to always keep a positive outlook no matter the situation.

"Well, I can't wait to meet her then." I smiled while going to sit on Enid's bed. I pull out my homework to begin working on. Enid and I always did our assignments together.

-

Some time went by before I heard loud footsteps approaching. The door squeaked open and there stood a pale girl dressed in a jet black Nevermore uniform. Two raven colored braids laid on her shoulders and bangs that framed her face. Her eyes were dark, almost soulless. She did not bat an eye in our direction and made her way over to her desk.

I glanced over at Enid, she gave me a look then looked at the roommate. She wanted me to introduce myself. I sighed quietly while getting up from the bed and going over to her. She had a typewriter, how vintage.

"Hi, I'm (y/n)" you said with a welcoming smile.

The roommate didn't bother to look up at you. "Wednesday." She replied dryly.

"I'm Enid's best friend. She's been so excited to have you." You said a little more wearily.

"You're cutting into my writing time." She snapped, glancing up at you through her bangs. Her eyes seemed more dark up close.

"What are you writing?" You ignored the attitude Wednesday had.

Wednesday stopped typing and stood up from her seat and turned around to face you. You were just a bit taller than her, she looked up at you through her bangs.

"Ask me again and your vocal cords will be ripped from your throat." She responded.

She pushed in her chair and and walked swiftly towards you. Her bangs flowing to the side with every step.
Her shoulder collided with yours when all of a sudden, Wednesday's neck snapped back to the ceiling with her back arched. Her body started to fall backwards. Everything happened so fast, before you knew it you had an unconscious, Wednesday in your arms.

a/n: hi everyone! it has been a long time since i wrote a story on here

a/n: hi everyone! it has been a long time since i wrote a story on here. i love wednesday so i figured i would start here! sorry if my writing is choppy, still getting back into the grind. please let me know what you guys think about chapter one. :)