Special Chapter

Hugo's POV

"Daddy, look! I have a gift for Mommy!" My eight-year-old, Isla ran towards me and showed a me bracelet she made. It has beads with the letters K, H and I and some hearts and wave-like designs on it.

"That's pretty, baby. Did you make it?" I asked.

"Yes po, Daddy."

"How about me? Do you have a gift for Daddy?"

"Secret! She giggled then ran away.

I was about to follow her when Kass came in the room. I made my way to her and hugged her. She instantly hugged me back and rested her head on my chest.

"Christmas na in a few hours, babe," she said.

"Advanced Merry Christmas, babe. Do you want me to take over the kitchen?"

She shook her head. "Tapos na akong magluto. Iyong barbeque na lang ang iluluto, and I thought it would be nicer if mamaya na lang natin iluto."

"Okay. Are you tired? Do you want to sleep?"

"Hindi na, babe. Where's Isla, by the way? Natutulog na ba siya?"

"No, I think inaayos niya ang gifts niya na ibibigay para sa atin."

I heard my wife chuckle. "Ayaw niya raw malaman natin ang gifts niya, kaya kay Tita Rielle niya nagpasamang bumili. Ano kayang gift niya sa akin?"

"I know what she'll give you, but it's a secret."

Just then, Isla came in the room holding two bags. I watched her put them under the Christmas tree, then she ran towards us. She had both her arms open as she greeted us.

"Mommy, Daddy, hug!" she yelled happily.

Sinalubong siya ni Kassandra ng yakap and even kissed her cheek. "Hindi ka pa matutulog, anak?" she asked.

"No, Mommy. I slept earlier kaya I won't sleep na."

"Well, aren't you bored? Bukas pa ang punta ng mga pinsan mo rito."

She's pertaining to Kasper's children, ang mga anak ni Jackson, at si PJ na pinsan niya kay Rogue. We decided to celebrate Christmas here in the city for this year. Nandito kami sa family house, but Jack, Kasper, and Rogue decided to spend the Christmas eve na sila-sila lang.

"I'm not bored. I made gifts."

"May magandang gift si Daddy mo para sa 'yo. May gift din ako, pero hindi ko alam kung magugustuhan mo."

"It's from you, so I know I'll love it." Isla giggled.

Kass pinched her cheek. "You're a flatterer just like your Daddy, 'no?"

Isla smiled and hugged her Mom. Nakiyakap na rin ako sa kanila, and then we found ourselves watching Isla's favorite show about surfing. Mukhang namana niya sa akin ang hilig ko sa outdoor activities. Isla is always fond of the deep waters, and it will always be our bonding. Sumasama rin minsan si Kass, and I'm glad that she's slowly getting used to it. Ilang beses pumapalakpak si Isla sa napapanood kaya natutuwa kami ni Kassandra sa kaniya.

We're living in Isla De Fuego. Iying dating cabin ni Kassandra ay in-expand namin at ginawang simpleng bahay, but on weekends, uuwi kami sa bahay ko sa kanila Isla to spend some family time together. Isla is also studying in a public school and she's currently in grade three. Nag-e-excel siya since first grade. Nagpatayo si Kassandra ng isang branch ng hotel niya sa Isla mismo and that's what she's been doing. While I manage the island, she's managing her own business. I'm happy that she can still be her own woman, who builds her own empire while taking care of our daughter and being the best wife to me.

"Babe, malapit nang mag-twelve. Five minutes na lang," she said.

"Okay, buhatin ko na si Isla and we'll go outside."

We decided to have our Christmas party in our backyard, since it would be a hassle if sa loob kami magba-barbeque. Binuhat ko si Isla at magkakasama kaming nagtungo sa backyard. Kass already prepared everything. We have the normal Filipino Christmas handa, spaghetti, a roasted chicken, cake and of course, Isla's favorite, seafood platter. Nang makita niya ito ay pumalakpak pa siya sa tuwa. We prayed before having our meals together. Nang matapos ay hinila kami ni Isla patungo sa living area where our gifts are.

She gave us our gifts and eagerly asked us to open it fast. Halos pareho kami ng regalo. She made us bracelets with the same design, then showed us her necklace.

"We have matching accessories!" she squealed.

"You made this, anak?" Kass asked.

"Opo, Mommy. Nagustuhan niyo po?"

"It's really pretty, baby," I told her.

"Isuot mo nga sa akin. Ang pretty naman!" Kass said as she pinched our daughter's cheek.

Sinuot nga sa amin ni Isla ang bracelet at sumunod naman kami sa pagbibigay ng regalo sa kaniya. Kass gave her gift first. Puro painting materials ang mga ito dahil sobrang hilig ni Isla ang pagpinta. She even painted out wall when she was six, and instead of getting mad at her, sinuportahan na lang namin siya. Then I gave mine. Tumawa pa siya nang makita niya ito.

"Why is it enormous?" she asked.

"Open it, baby, para malaman mo."

She opened it and it was wrapped in a cardboard box. Nang mabuksan na niya ito, tumalon-talon pa siya at niyakap ako. "Thank you, Daddy! It's so pretty!"

She smiled at us and hugged her surfing board. I had it customized just for her dahil unti-unti na siyang natututo ng gan'on. Kassandra asked us to take our Christmas pictures together and we all wore matching santa hats.

After that, we tucked Isla to bed and headed to our own bedroom. Kassandra was just done brushing her teeth when I went to the bathroom. I took my clothes off and looked back at her.

"Babe, sabay na tayong mag-shower!" I said.

"Shower lang?" she replied.

"Hindi naman puwede 'yon."

"Ano pa ba ang gagawin natin?" She laughed.

"Well... you know? Our Christmas tradition as a couple?"

She turned to me and put her hand on her waist. "And what exactly is that tradition, babe?" she asked as she raised her brows.

I walked towards her and grabbed her waist crashing her body on mine. "Sexy time, babe. Don't act like you don't know, I might punish you."

She chuckled and wrapped her arms around my nape. "Gusto ko dito natin gawin. Okay lang?"

"Kahit saan pa 'yan, basta ikaw."

Her lips crashed onto mine as the hot water from the shower dripped down our bodies. I hoisted her leg up as I thrust inside her. I heaved a contented sigh when our lips parted.

'Now, this is the life I've been wanting to have,' I thought to myself.

We made love under the shower and as each second passes by, mas nare-realize ko kung gaano ako kasuwerte sa asawa at anak ko. I have Kass, who risked herself kahit na takot na takot siya noon. Even though she's scared, she managed to break down her walls just for me. She was scarred, but she pushed herself to heal, just so she could love me. That is the most amazing thing I have and will ever experience. If that's not love, I don't know what is. And then, there's Isla, our little sunshine. Walang araw na hindi masaya kapag nariyan siya. She makes me happy even with the smallest things she do. The moment I saw her and I held her in my arms, I realized that my life is really worth living for. I found a new purpose. Hindi lang ang mahalin ang protektahan si Kass ang naging silbi ko, pero para na rin mahalin at alagaan ang anak namin.

Life isn't always smooth sailing, there will be rough waves that might wreck your ship, or worse, it could drown you... but I have my wife and my daughter. They're my anchor that keeps me in my place. I never want to be in any other place than beside them. Napapangiti na lang ako kapag naiisip ko ito. Silang dalawa, sila ang kasiyahan at buhay ko.

I'm happy at last...