enemies to...? | Gol D. Roger x reader

request: /

contains: action, fighting, rivals, enemies, party

word count: 590

*:・゚✧*:・゚

"COME ON ROGER! FIGHT ME!", I shout out as I run to him to attack him. I hardened my first with armament haki and try to punch the pirate king himself in the stomach but it doesn’t go very well.

Not only does he manage to fend off my attack but at the same moment a powerful counterattack from Roger comes back, which I was able to narrowly avoid, yet I didn't escape unscathed. "Fuck...", I sigh defeated.

It always goes like this and I know he is the pirate king nonetheless I need to get stronger. Much stronger. To be able to somehow keep it up with him. I don't want to be so much weaker than Roger. I want his aknowledgment, his approval.

As stupid as it sound like but I'm in love with this man. With Gold Roger. At first I just wanted to beat him but after times goes by I somehow fell in love with Roger. It actually sound so stupid... argggh!!

"You're a genuinely weird lady Y/N", Roger says, "always tryna fight me... let's celebrate together tonight!" "W-Wait why?" "You've improved rapidly since our first fight and have become so much stronger. We have to celebrate that. Invite your crew, everyone is welcome!"

The moment he smiles so wide, I couldn't help myself but smile too. "Sure..." This exact smile is one of the reasons I love his man. I gather my crew and our crews meet on his ship where we celebrate. Everyone got pretty drunk. We laughed, drank lots of alcohol and overall had a fantastic time.

"Y/N!", I notice Roger calling my name. "Yeah?" "Tell me... why're you doing this?" What does he mean by that? Irritated by his question, I tilt my head to the right and ask him what he means.

"Why you wanna fight me all the time? Don't get me wrong, the fights are fun but I'm still curious why such a beautiful woman like you would want to fight with me all the time...?" Beautiful? Me? Did Roger just call me... beautiful? "I- uh... uhm I f-fight with y-you...", I get nervous and can't continue to talk because he stares at me intently. What do I do??

"Why so shy all of the sudden? Come on... Just say it. Usually you're the complete opposite." "You really wanna know the reason?", I ask and thus admit defeat. He just nods.

"It's actually really embarrasing", I scratch my head, "I want your recognition... I know I'm much weaker than you - of course cuz you're the pirate king - but I atleast wanted that you notice me and maybe even recognize me as an opponent. In the beginning I wanted to fight with you due to your reputation altough that is not the case anymore... i-it's cuz I l-lo-ve you Roger..."

"WHAAAAAAT??!!?!"

He falls to the ground and sighs in pain. After standing up, the man across from me starts to laugh. What the fuck?! This fills my eyes with so much tears that I can't even see anything clear anymore. It's all blurred due to my tears.

"Oh my goodness!! You weren't jokin'?!", he panices and suddenly hugs me tight, "what are you saying Y/N? I accepted you as an equal opponent a long time ago..." "Thanks... That means a lot."

I knew it... that he doesn’t love me back. But I'm proud of myself that I was brave enough to confess my feelings to him.

*:・゚✧*:・゚