CHAPTER 5

One thing that I love about the palace is their library. It's filled with such knowledge that I really need so that I can get used to this world. As far as I know, Miko too, has some powers that's the same as Ei's.

Electro

Ei took me to the library since she knows Miko loves books and reading. Both of them do, but Ei is too embarrassed to tell anybody about her small hobby.

"Do you like it?" she asked.

"I love it," I said as I rummaged through the shelves, my fingertips slipping over the books in search of one that would catch my attention, and something did. I took it from the bookshelf and blew the dust off of it.

"Visions?" Ei asked as she noticed the book. "I can tell you if you want," she smiled as she brought me to a seat with a spectacular view. Through the window, we can see the palace's famous garden. It is said that the flowers here never wilt.

"There are seven different sorts of vision," she explained. "Anemo, electro, geo, cryo, pyro, dendro, and hydro,"

I'm familiar with these visions, and each nation has a leader that represents one of them. Raiden Makoto, Her Majesty, is the ruler of Inazuma and the vision electro.

"You are familiar with every nation in Teyvat, correct?" she inquired. "Each ruler decides who will have what vision, accept it as they are the... chosen ones," she smiled.

Miko will soon be the chosen one, as Makoto has chosen her to be an electro vision user. It is such a blessing that Signora became envious of it. She was chosen by the pyro leader.

"I see," I said. "I'm now curious which ruler will choose me," I chuckled.

"I will not let any monarch choose you, my lady; I will choose you myself," Ei said. "It will be my gift," she says.

"Should I be flattered, your excellency?" I teased. "Isn't this favoritism? Rumors will spread," I chuckled.

"Isn't it clear that you're my favorite person in whole Teyvat?" she teased back as I blushed. 

"You're becoming more daring, your majesty," I cleared my throat. "Come to a stop before someone hears us,"

"Then let them hear us," she responded. "Make it known to everyone that you are mine, my lady,"

"Since when I was yours?"

"Just now,"

"How bold of you,"

"I'm confident in my abilities," she chuckled. "Don't you want to be with me, not only as a friend, but as more?"

"Bestfriend?" I teased.

She looked at me, disappointed as she poked my nose. "I meant as a lover,"

"Why do you want me to be your lover, your excellency?" I asked. 

"I want someone who can't be touched," she said. "You're smarter than everyone else, really cunning, and the most beautiful woman in my eyes, no one can compare," she continued. I wasn't expecting her to respond in this manner. "Your smile melts me, your laughter is like music in my ears, your eyes... it's like I can drown in it," she said as she kissed my knuckles. "I will do whatever to make you mine, even if it means killing or sacrificing everything,"

I didn't realize I was blushing as much as a tomato. This woman left me speechless... Is she really in love with Miko?

"I'm afraid it'll be difficult to get me, your excellency," I chuckled. "Are you up for the challenge?"

"I'm willing to go to any length for you, my lady," she said. "I heard someone from Snezhnaya... really wants you," she added.

"Really? Who is it then?"

"I'm not sure," she said. "Speaking about Snezhnaya," she remarked, "I'll have to travel there in two days."

"But Snezhnaya is our enemy, no?"

"Political manners," she said. "I have to go there instead of my sister, her going to an enemy's territory is dangerous,"

I'm getting worried. Snezhnaya is really Inazuma's enemy. Going there for political matters is really dangerous, even for Ei. It's dangerous for you too," I said.

"Are you underestimating me, my lady?" she chuckled.

"Even if you are the strongest person in all of Inazuma, your excellency, I am worried for you," I remarked. Ei nearly died when she visited Snezhnaya. On her route to the nation, bastards tried to assassinate her. Sara, her General, was only person who could save her.

Ei smiled at me as she took my hand in hers. What if I accompany her? After all, I can save her too, just in time, for when Sara saved Ei the first time, both of them were severely injured. That is something I want to avoid.

"What if I go with you?" I said, and Ei's eyes widened and her face became serious.

"My lady, as you just mentioned, even I, the strongest person in all of Inazuma, will be in danger going to that nation," she explained. "What made you think you should come, my lady?"

I can't just say, "Hey, I'm from another planet, and this world is based on a story that I read, and I'm going to die, and I'm saving myself and you from dying as well by trying to travel to Snezhnaya."

As if I can say that.

"Your excellency, you're no good in political discussions," I pointed out. Yes, I recall Ei being terrible at these kinds of discussions. She was never a fan of this type of stuff; she was always violent, slaughtering without hesitation.

"You have a point," Ei replied, clearing her throat. "However, I can't let you go there in such a dangerous place," she says.

"And I can't let you mess up with the aristocrats in Snezhnaya and declare war on us," I added.

Ei sighed in defeat, clutching my hand tightly. "My lady, going to that nation with me is suicide,"

"As long as I'm with you, we're going to be alright," I said. "Are you not going to protect me?" I teased.

She laughed gently. "I'll protect you with my life," she said. "There will be no single scratch on your face, I vow in my life," she smiled as she kissed my knuckles. "Anything for you, my lady,"