Mistletoe Kiss (Johnny X Reader/Curtis Sister)

Y/N's Pov:

I found myself running through the icey streets of Tusla, cold tears running through my face as the freezing wind blew fresh snow to this Dreadful Christmas night.

How could they do this to me? My own brothers?! Embarrassing me in front of Johnny...I thought I was gonna have a chance, but it's too late.

I don't know where I'm going but I'm know it had to be anywhere but there.

I knew any second they'd be after me. They'd try and find me. And to be honest, it gave me a tense feeling, causing me to become more dedicated not to be found.

It wasn't gonna be hard, though. I'm really good at hiding - all I need is time.

But there seemed to be too little of that; I heard their echoed voices from afar.

Desperate, I decided to climb a tree, which was surprisingly something I've never done before until that very moment.

I sat on a tree branch as I watched Dallas, Ponyboy, and Johnny calling out my name

"Where can she be?" Johnny asked

"Damnit, I know I should've just kept my mouth shut!" Ponyboy whined in regret

"Quit talking, and let's keep looking! I bet she's hiding at the Park, let's go before she ends up getting jumped, likenthe two of you idiots!" Dallas stared to run off, the others followed

I sighed in relief, climbing down cautiously.

The moment I hit the floor, I saw Darry's truck.

"Shit!" I muttered, hiding behind the tree.

A second of waiting, and they were gone.

Once again, sighing in relief, I walked my way towards the local part of town. I hope that I'd be able to find a safe place to crash.

I would've gone to Buck's or even the Shepards place, but it's too risky. They'd likely rat me out.

After an hour of looking for an open store or an open movie house, i was starting to realize I ruined the holidays for everyone all because of stupid love.

Filled with guilt, I collapse onto a bench, regretting what I had done.

My plan was just to sit there until the gang found me-but someone else did.

As you may have already predicted. Yes, it was a group of socs; five of them.

"Who the hell roams about looking for trouble on Christmas Eve?!" I muttered."Shouldn't you be getting a new car from your Daddy for Christmas?" I spoke louder

"Shouldn't you be rotting in jail?" One made a comeback

"Just leave me alone-please...I didn't do anything to no one, so why don't you just enjoy the holidays with your family."

"We are, but we have nothing to eat...I guess you're the Christmas feast we've been looking for."

"That's the most Stupid pick up line I've ever heard."

"It's not a pickup line... It was a distraction."

I noticed there was a soc behind me. Before I could do anything, he pinned me to the floor.

My adrenaline was rushing, I realized I'd rather be embarrassed with the gang than getting-you know...By socs.

I kicked and screamed as much as I could, praying that someone would come and help.

It had become clear that my fate was hopeless the moment they took off my shirt.

Until...

"You leave her alone!"

A soc got knocked out cold by the one, and only Dallas Winston

Johnny jumped on the back of the other as Ponyboy swung hard, leaving a bloody nose and a terrified soc.

Dallas suddenly brought out a gum, and they all went running.

I was left on the cold floor, still processing the trauma I had experienced.

"Hey, you alright, Y/N?" Johnny lent out a hand

I sat up bashfully, looking down at the pavement.

I gripped to his hand, being lifted off the ground.

"Here, you sorta lost this..." Ponyboy said awkwardly, handing me my shirt.

"Thanks." I slipped it on

"Let go back home."

"Wait-Can I talk to Y/N for a moment?" Johnny blushed

Oh no... He wants to talk about what happened at the house.

I wanted to go back to his eyes, which seemed different. They weren't the scared doubtful kind anymore, his eyes glimmer with dedication, bravery-like he was for sure of something.

He sat on the bench, patting the empty spot beside him.

I Awkwardly sat down, swinging my feet back at forth to let out the stress I held in.

"So-Ummm, about what happened -"

"Look, Johnny - I was just being stupid, I know you don't like me back, and -"

"Who said I didn't like you?" He smirked

My heart skipped a beat. "What?"

"I've been liking you for awhile but...Just never thought you felt the same." He scratched his neck,face red.

"Well, I do-I actually wanted to ask you out on a date, but I thought you would've said no."

"I was gonna do the same thing!"

We both laughed

There was a moment of silence, and I took a second to realize how magical the atmosphere seemed to now be. The snow glowed-shinned through the moonlight (and streetlights), and the stars shinned bright.

The weight that had been pressuring my chest, filling my body with dream and hopelessness;was gone and replaced with closure and acceptance and a big amount of happiness.

"Hey, look." Johnny pointed above us.

I looked up to see a Mistletoe that hung from a streetlight.

"You know what that means."

"Oh, God, I-"

His lips suddenly pressed against mine, everything in me turned into fireworks. Butterflies flew all through my body, and I finally knew that Johnny Cade loved me.

This was the best Christmas gift I was ever given...

Happy Holidays