Start Line

"Get up."

A loud groan ripped from my throat as my eyes slowly blinked open, hissing when my lovely father opened the curtains bringing in the sun. Right, the exam was today. Great. I let out a small laugh as Dad, fell backwards on to the bed. He laid silently staring at the ceiling, "Your mother would be proud." Looking over at him, I moved to sit up causing him to sit up as well. "I know. Are you?" He smiled at me, "Of course I am. Never thought other wise." I rushed forward, pulling him into a hug. He was the one person who I always wanted on my side. When my mom died, I had just turned eight but growing up after that I knew he tried his hardest. My grandma used to hate him, because he would leave me with her to work. He would leave for days until she too passed away, he finally came back to his senses by the time I was eleven.

"Alright! I'm ready for today." I cheered with a smile, which he too returned. Our smiles would only ever been shown to each other. Neither of us liked people, and all we had was one another so it was understandable that we showed each other our emotions. To others, we were both dark creatures with a permanent frown upon our faces. "Alright. It's a few hours from now. Make sure your up to the task." Yep, that was dad. He gets so serious so quickly, although I couldn't say anything since I was the same way.

Dad moved to leave the room, stopping at the pause and turned to look back at me. "If anything happens, I'll be there in a flash." I nodded back with a gentle smile. He would always protect me, and the benefits of having your father a hero. His hero name was Eraserhead, he could erase quirks which was helpful for me and my mom when she was alive. Our quirks, where to say the least, dangerous. When we got to angry, our quirks could go out of control. It also helps when my demon side tries to take over, that in itself was a whole other story.

Dad left quickly after that so I could get ready, he made sure to let me know I couldn't wear my hero costume until school. We ended compromising on this, he said I could wear my cloak but until we practiced I couldn't wear my full costume.

Giving the picture of mom a small smile, I kissed two fingers and placed them on her picture. "I love you. I'll make you and Dad proud, I promise." I breathed out before grabbing my bag and leaving my room. Dad and I lived in a small house near the school, since he had been a teacher there for a while now. Dad was in the kitchen with a cup of coffee in his hand as he read the paper, "Seems like things are getting interesting." He muttered as I snatched the bacon that he left for me off the plate. "Time to go?" I asked, he nodded with a small hum before moving to follow me towards the door.

It didn't take long for Dad and I to get to the exam hall, which is were everyone will meet before going to the training centers for the real test exams. "See you later then?" I asked Dad as we moved to go our separate ways, he nodded giving a small kiss on my head. "I'll be watching, good luck." I smiled up at him as he turned to leave, most likely going to meet up with Hizashi. Dad's bestfriend since school, also my 'uncle' as he liked to call himself. I took a deep breath, tightening my hand on my bag. I knew most of what this was gonna be about, so I would mostly be reading through the presentation. My eyes flashed as my hood slips up, I started making my way inside as other teens my age joined as well. My eyes scanning over everyone, stopping on a green haired boy who had started to trip. I raised an eyebrow when a girl stopped him from doing so, before moving inside. Once inside, I was given a number then I took my seat before pulling my book out to pass the time.

Examinee Number: 2236
Test Location: Battle Center D

Uncle Hizashi came bounding out on stage about ten minutes later when everyone settled in, his voice immediately being tuned out by me. My eyes scanning over the words of my book, my ears soon perking up at the sound of another voice. "Excuse me, sir. Question?" I rolled my eyes in irritation, as I lowered my book to look back at the boy who was now standing. He had blue hair and glasses, a real goodie two shoes, I could tell just by looking. "Hit me!" Hizashi pointed to the boy and a spot light shined on him. "On the print out, you've listed four types of villains, not three. With all respect, if this is an error on official UA materials. It is shameful. We are exemplary students, we expect the best from Japans most notable school. A mistake such as this won't do." He paused before pointing back towards my direction, but he wasn't pointing at me. More or less, the boy who had been muttering behind me the whole time.