Cookie escapades with Jin

Baking cookies with Jin

Yn let herself into the apartment with the code she knew by heart by now. She had been friends with Seokjin for so long by now that it would be almost weird if she didn't know the combination code to his lock.
She and Jin had met in middle school, he was an awkward boy in the middle of his growth spurt and her overly tall for a girl her age. They made an interesting pair at the time but stuck by each other all the way through college until now, Christmas time a year after graduating college together.
If you asked Yn, she would admit to you that she had harbored a small crush on her friend, it had started way back, before Jin even started to grow into his looks and confidence.
Jin had never gotten very serious with anyone during their friendship despite them both having several partners over the years.
By now most of their friends had paired off or found partners of their own, leaving Jin and Yn to pair off as well despite them never even going near the topic of dating. They were expected to show up together to the Christmas party later that night, and Yn never corrected anyone when they said things like that.
Jin poked his head out from the kitchen to see who had walked into his apartment, a pink apron tied over his hoodie and shorts.
"Oh," He says with a slight smirk, "It's just you."
Yn rolls her eyes and mimes pulling off her house shoes to hit him with it, "Just me, my foot."
Jin cackles and disappears back around the corner, presumably to finish cooking whatever he had started.
Yn follows his lead, walking into the kitchen herself to see many containers out on the counter and several bowls scattered around as well.
"Are you meaning to make such a huge mess?" Yn asks, heading for the fridge to see what Jin had that she could steal.
"Number 1: It's not a mess, it's organized chaos, and Number 2: I bet you wouldn't be able to make three different kinds of cookies without a mess bigger than this," He says indignantly grabbing a random half filled bowl, "And don't eat the stuff in the green container, I'm saving that for something."
"What green container?" Yn asks, the lid of said container off as she pears into it, looking at the food inside.
"YAH!" Jin exclaims, putting his bowl back down and tackling the container out of Yn's hands, sticking his tongue out at her as she scowls at him.
"Why are you so mean?" Yn asks, arms folded across her chest.
"It's my house!" Jin exclaimes, "I need this for something! Eat something else!"
Yn rolls her eyes again but drops her arms, "Fine, how about this?"
"Yeah it's rice, go for it," Jin consents, turning back around to focus again on his cookie mess.
The rice was Jin's famous fried rice, everyone who ever had it would joke about it being the best rice they had ever had and Jin would always deny it, assuring them it was a very easy dish to make.
Yn put the container into the microwave and stood waiting for it to finish, spoon already in her mouth as she waited.
Jin shook his head at her and turned on the oven, turning away from her.
The next ten minutes are peaceful and rather quiet as Yn eats her rice and Jin mixes things into different bowls. But then Yn finishes her food.
"Jin?" Yn calls, setting the cleaned container down onto the drying rack, now bored and wanting to be entertained.
"What?" Jin asks, suspicion in his voice as he eyes Yn.
"I'm bored," Yn whines, "Can I help?"
Jin narrows his eyes at her and her purposefully innocent face, 'What are you trying to do?"
Yn frowns, "I really do want to help."
"Last time you helped you burned water."
"That wasn't my fault! You didn't tell me when to turn the burner off!"
"HOW DID YOU BURN WATER!"
Yn crosses her arms and pouts, turning away from Jin with a sigh.
She only has to wait for a few seconds before she hears him sigh, "Fine, come over here."
"Yay!" Yn spins on her heel, a huge smile on her face as she skips over to Jin's side, ready to both help and cause mischief.

"Seriously, how do you not know how to use a hand mixer?" Jin asks ten minutes later, staring at the egg dotting the ceiling.
Yn shrugs, "When do you think I have ever held a mixer before?"
"Literally they are one of the most basic cooking tools," Jin sighs, grabbing a wet cloth and a chair to reach the ceiling, "You haven't used one in your life before?"
Yn shakes her head, examining the mixer closer up, "this looks powerful, are you sure it's not dangerous?"
"Yn, put it down," Jin says, wiping the egg off the ceiling, "before you stick your fingers into it please"
Yn whines but puts it down, waiting semi-patiently for Jin to climb back off the chair.
"Can I still help?" She asks once he's on the floor again.
Jin studies her face, trying to decide if he should keep letting her try to help.
"Yeah, here," He hands her a stack of cookie sheets and a roll of parchment paper, "can you line these?"
Yn stares at the items and Jin sighs, "You know what that means right?"
"Yes, just put some paper on the tins?"
Jin nods, looking relieved that she knows at least this and leaves her to work at the island counter.