Volume One: Magic Types

Chi is the life force that flows in all living things. From the largest beast, to the smallest plant. It is from this life force that all magic has spawned from. However having a knowledge of chi itself allows you to sense invisible forces such as malice, and through it, even the blind can see. It isn't known when chi was discovered, but it was first documented in the Ōkami continent of Xernatia, where it still remains most used. Note: Despite magic being derived from chi, you can have knowledge of magic without knowledge of chi, and vice versa.

Ice Magic: Can crystalize the air's moisture into ice, and its effectiveness depends on the moisture there is, which may vary from place to place. It can cause the user to grow pale and frigid, which can cause sickness and potentially, death. This can be reduced or even negated if the user builds up an immunity, which they can do by exposing themselves to increasingly worse temperatures at a steady pace.

Flame Magic: Can use heat from around them or even use their own body heat to create flame. This of course can cause immense heat stress and even burns or illness if done a lot. Similarly to ice, this effect can be reduced or negated if the user builds up an immunity, which a user can achieve if they expose themselves to increasing levels of heat at a steady pace.

Verdure Magic: Can control foliage and plants, or even grow new ones, which they can extend to suit their needs, and move at their every whim. Despite this seemingly unbeatable power, it does have faults. The plants can potentially grow out of control, as it is a difficult power to master. The user should start with the smallest plants possible and slowly work their way up to bigger ones, as the bigger the vegetation, the harder it is to control.

Dark Magic: This form of magic is similar to verdure, as it is difficult to master. Though if mastered, it is arguably the most powerful magical form. It can create tendril-like extensions of shadow, which can cut, pierce, and even skewer opponents. Due to its extremely graphic potential, it is seen as the black sheep of magic. This is not held by most due to the danger it can pose to the users mental well being. The reason it is seldomly a specialty that anyone has, is because it requires exceptional mental fortitude, as if the user does not possess enough mental fortitude, it can corrupt or even break the user's mind. The user can see hallucinations if it affects them so much, making them attack foes that are not there, or attack innocents. Use with discretion.

Gale Magic: Gale magic is very freeform. It allows you to harness the wind and use it to move nimbly and be spry. It is by far the easiest to pick up on due to its freeform approach and very little problems, but it isn't without issue. Its issue is that it is easy to injure oneself, as it requires a lot of jumping about, making it easy to fall. Caution is advised in learning it.

Terra Magic: Terra magic is the magic that allows you to shift the earth beneath your or others feet and mold it into things that may suit your need. This makes it fairly powerful, however it's downside is that you need to have musculature and physical strength to use it. Depending on how dense the earth you are attempting to mold is, will determine how much physical strength you will need.

Sea Magic: This is a form of magic that primarily exists in the elven continent of Kryotica, the same continent where ice magic had its start. Though unlike it's sister form, it hasn't gotten as wide spread appeal abroad. This form is also rare as it requires a knowledge of sea faring that isn't too common, even in the sea faring nations of Kryotica. Still, it is powerful and has the ability, with enough training, to even sink ships. Though with intermediate training and practice you could sink smaller vessels. It's most common among men and women on the sea to defend against pirates or sea beasts.

Spirit Magic: Spirit magic is the odd ball out when it comes to magic as it is the closest to its source, chi. This magic was invented in Xernatia and still solely exists there, as the Ōkami have a lack of trust in the other two races and their people. This magic allows the manipulation of the mortal spirit, either in malice or to help in some way. Ōkami with trauma or mental issues often seek sages who know this magic for help. As said, it can also be used for malicious reasons if so desired, as it can manipulate a persons thoughts, implanting an idea in their mind that they think is their own but rather it is yours, or corrupt them. It also has the ability to tether a piece of a, perhaps your own or someone else's soul to another's, or sever said connection. It can also connect your soul to an object and could allow potential immortality as a result.