Nick's Mental Health Drop Pt 2

TW: Mentions of SH, ED, suicide attempts and psychiatric ward

Continuation of previous part.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nick's POV:

I wake up to the sounds of machines beeping, I knew immediately I was in the hospital. I look to my right and see Charlie passed out with his head on the bed, I immediately feel terrible and being crying quietly before I started stroke the top of his head which calms me down. Charlie begins to fuss, he rubs his eyes and looks at me, he smiles but he's on the verge of tears "Hi, how are you feeling?" he asks, I just lose it after that, having a proper breakdown, Charlie immediately sits be my side and holds me, "I'm sorry, Char." I cry, "I'm so so sorry." "Shh it's okay, it's okay." he says, "Just want to understand why you did it." When we calm down I tell him about my struggles with my mental health and how I'm always taking care of others.

Charlie looks at me sympathetically, "I didn't mean to try and kill myself, but I believed it would be better for everyone else." I say not daring to look at him. "Nick, I wish you had told me, we could have stopped it before it came this point," he says, pushing the hair out of my face, "Please promise me you'll talk to me if you ever feel this way again, but for now let's get you through this together, okay?" I nodded. 

*Time skip, six months later*

Charlie's POV:

It's been 6 months since Nick's attempt and he has been doing so much better. I'm so glad he was open to getting help, he was asked to stay at the hospital as an impatient he wasn't exactly keen on it but I told him it would benefit him. He stayed for 2 months for his self harm and attempt, they also talked about his eating which almost developed into bulimia, luckily they caught on it earlier. After he was released, it did get easier and just like me he did relapse a couple of times but we've been helping each other and others have been helping us.

Today we went to the beach and sat on our beach towels. As we listened to music, I caught him staring at me. He stands up and walks to the water, I follow him as looks back at me, "What's wrong? Are you okay?" He pulled me in for a hug, "Thank you for everything." he said getting teary "Well, thank you for everything as well." great I was getting teary too. We laid back down on our towels, my head resting on his chest listening to his heart beat before looking up at him and giving him a passionate kiss, as we watched the sun set.

A/N a happy ending for the couple that deserves the world.