Hurt

I could hear my heart pounding as I felt sweat trickle down my back. I knew it was only a matter of time before he found me. And knew for a fact that all hell was going to break loose when he finally found me.

No one really knows what lays beyond the veil of  darkness that comes after death. Not even me. In the final moments of my life, there wasn't any bright light that beckoned me. In the final moments of my life, the last thing I saw was the foot of my husband's boot stomping away at my already battered and bruised body.

"Come out, come out, wherever you are" he said in a sing-song voice. That very voice that made my heart race (in a good way) was now making me feel like I had a thousand spiders crawling on my skin. That voice that made me throw caution to the wind, and jump head first into this... Predicament, was making me sick to the stomach.
   I heard his foot steps slowly move to the kitchen. And stand in front of the pantry. How did I know that? Well that's where I was. I heard him chuckle quietly to himself. And that alone told me that he already knew where I was.
         "There she is" he shouts just as he breaks the door open. "The love of my life, fire in my loins. The very blood that runs through my veins" he says as grabs a hold of my wrist and pulls me from my crouched position. He gently cups my face in his hands and smiles, just as only he knows how. A smile that still made my head spin even now. "Why are you running from  me sweet pea? Remember... Till death do us part" with the emphasis on the death, he made me understand, that he was only ever going to let me go when I'm dead.
             "All I want is a divorce, I don't want even a penny, from you. All I want is my freedom." I shouldn't have mumbled those words, because they really irked him. Before I could get another word in, I was being trampled, by the love of my life. Those boots he was using to stomp on me were a gift from me to him. Funny how the gift I got from love were now being used to do unrepairable damage.

Most people would have run for the hills after the first time, but then he begged and pleaded that it was going to be last time. It wasn't. Over the years I've dislocated my wrist, broken ribs, cracked my skull, but I never left. I loved him... Or so I thought. I didn't realize that what we had turned into a death sentence, until it was too late. And there was nowhere to run to.

He finally stopped, when it was too late, and I was too far gone. He held my dying self close to him "Everytime you broke me, I tried to fix you, what happens in the end, when I'm broken beyond repair"