Chapter 49

"Megan, you need to just tell him how you feel" Mickey complained to me as I paced the living room with worry, him smoking on the couch watching me.

"I can't"

"Why not?" He countered with a groan of annoyance.

"Because he's my best friend and I don't want to lose him" I said, everything bubbling up.

"Oh shit, you really love him" Mickey realized with amusement.

"You are the ones who's been telling me to confess my feeling to him and you didn't even think I loved him?"

"Of course I knew you liked Ian, anyone with eyes can seen that and of course our twin telepathy helped out"

"We do not have twin telepathy!" I argued back with frustration.

"Really?" He crossed his arms, accepting the challenge. "Because I can tell you right now that you are about to run out that door to the Gallaghers house to figure out what's going on" he shrugged as I stopped my pacing and stared at him blankly.

"How?" I asked in shock.

"Twin telepathy" he pointed to his head. "Now go before you make me even more dizzy" he grumbled as I rushed to grab my bag and head towards the Gallaghers house.

"Jimmy?" Fiona called out into the house when the front door opened.

"Darker." Veronica said walking into the kitchen.

"Hey. Talk to your caseworker?" Fiona asked.

"Unfortunately, yeah. Two reasons why we can't take in your brood." Veronica started thinking back to the woman.

"One. The fact that you had a foster child in your home that ran away under your 'supervision.' Two. Technically, the investigation's still pending as to the quality of your care." The woman at CPS told Veronica when she applied to take the Gallagher kids a few hours earlier.

"The quality of my care? You're saying her running away is my fault?" Veronica snapped back at the woman.

"Oh, you know what? Do not get all up in my grill, sister girl, okay?" She snapped back.

"Well, it was worth a shot." Fiona sighed.

"Hey" I greeted, walking through the back door to find Veronica and Fiona in the kitchen.

"Hi, Megan" Fiona sighed, knowing she had nothing good to tell me.

"Now what?" I asked, freezing in place as worry started taking over again.

"Gotta kick it into high gear. Figure out where the kids are staying. Get the house ready for home inspection. They're gonna require a fit parent to get the kids back, so I'm hoping to find Monica so I don't have to deal with Frank." Fiona listed her plan. "Why does it always come down to Frank?" She sighed. "I'm gonna get them back" She promised, pulling me in for a hug to comfort me slightly.

~~~

"So?" Mickey questioned when I met up with him at work. I shook my head as I tried to keep a strong face. Mickey saw right through me and I finally broke, crying over everything that was happening. "Come here" He pulled me in for a hug.

"I don't know what to do, Mick" I pulled back to look at him, wiping away my own tears.

"You've said this has happened before, right? It'll work out in the end" He tried with hope.

"Yeah, it'll work out in the end" I nodded along, trying to make myself believe my words.

~~~

"What is this stuff?" Ian pushed around the food on his tray.