Chapter One

Kallix is in sector 5, she was just about to go on a trial. The trials were given to you when you were about 18 years of age. 

For some reason Kallix is 17 and a half, she graduated early. Kallix's trial was to happen after the 15 kids in front of her. She watched more than half of the kids get put in the testing group. 

" I'm not going to make it am I? '' She whispered to the boy in front of her. 

" You have a ninety percent chance not to," He replied. 

She thought about this, she remembered something. All of the kids had the same blood-red hair, red eyes, and pale-toned skin she has. 

She ran, and the security guards tried to stop her. They shot at her . her legs throbbed in pain. 

When she got out she knew her parents would be upset because she skipped her trial. She knew she would not be allowed to go home, or they would track her down and kill her family. 

She was officially a Tri runner. She started thinking, I need a cover name..... My name is Night Wolf. She kept on running. 

She was afraid that the guards would catch her if she stopped. Everywhere she ran she saw the jumbotrons with her face on it. She ran into a dark alleyway she saw a sewer cap. With all the strength she had left she tried lifting the lid. At first she couldn't , and she was desperate to lift it. 

The second time it was lifted barely. She pushed over to the side and slid inside. It was hard for her to pull the cap back. 

She climbed down the musty soaked ladder bars. She dropped down with a splash, and started walking down the tunnels and made sure not to touch the sides. She so badly wanted to stand on the dry concrete to her left and right, but she knew she couldn't because they would probably check for finger and footprint.

It was hard because it stank in the tunnel. It smelled of old dead things. It also smelled musty and of sewer water. 

She walked t'll she could not stand to walk any more, then she saw another cap. She climbed up the ladder weakly. She slid into the alley. 

"Must find a way out of here." She thought. 

She was wet and soaked and had her hair matted against her head in sweat and blood. She slept there that night. When she got up she walked quietly out of the alley way. 

She was still tired, but she slept long enough to get a move on it. She fell over, "Are you okay?!" someone said, she did not know who it was till she looked up. He offered her his hand. She took his hand.

"Thank you." 

 "No problem, what's gorgeous pup like you doing out in the emerald sector alley way?" he asked. 

She blushed. " Well, I need to get out of state." Kallix replied. "I can help you if you want." He said. 

"Sure." Kallix thank him. 

"What is your name, beautiful?" He asked. "Your flirtatious aren't you? My name is Kallix, what is yours?" Kallix asked. 

"My name is Nixon." Nixon said. 

"Where we going?" Kallix asked. "To a train headed for Vegas, Republic. Why?" Nixon asked. 

"Just wondering." She replied. Nixon stops for a few minutes to think of his past. 

From his past he had seen a girl just like her who had died when she escaped, he hoped she did not, then he forgot about it and started paying attention to Kallix. 

"Come on let's go we do not want to miss the train." Nixon said. Then they both briskly walked to the train station. Kallix weakly sat up and got on her hand and knees then got up and limped over to Nixon.