chapter 1: running away

lias pov: 

    I need to get out of here! But how? I think to myself. My father was mad and when he gets mad he takes his anger out on me. He says I was a mistake and should never have been born. I know  it's true. I'm so tired of this place. I can't do this anymore. That's it! Tonight I will run away and never come back.

    Hi my name is Lia, I am a fourteen year old girl.  My dad is a alcoholic and my mother is dead. She died when I was little. I don't remember her that much but I do know she was the nicest and kindest person on earth. She always protected me from my father. But one day I found out she had cancer. At first I didn't understand but then she explained it to me. She died not long after that. My father is a psychopath even when he's sober he hurts me. Nobody knows about my father but me. I am so tired of this torture. I would rather just die. 

  Midnight finally came and I acted on my plan. I grabbed my backpack full of my stuff and I tiptoed down the stairs and as quietly as possible and unlocked the door. I opened the door as quiet as possible and ran out. I quickly shut the door and ran as far as I possibly could by morning I was in a whole different city.  I was so tired. I decided to find a good hiding spot and lay down for a minute. What I thought was going to be a minute turned into a hour because I fell asleep.

   When I woke up I was starving so I went into my backpack and pulled out a small bag of chips and started to eat them. I was eating the chips then realized I had run away, was in a whole new city, and was living on the streets with barely any food, money, or warmth. I didn't bring a blanket the warmest thing I brought was a long sleeved Taylor swift hoodie that my friend got me for my birthday. I have a few other Taylor shirts but they were all t-shirts. I looked through my bag only to realize the only shirts i packed were Taylor. I packed 3 shirts, two t-shirts and the hoodie.  

 "Oh how stupid am I?" I thought to myself.  I decided to take a walk around to see if there was anything cool to see. But there wasn't much. I went back to where I was before and sat down. I got out my cracked iPhone  and put my headphones in. I decided to turn on 1989.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                                          Authors note:

hey everyone! i hope you enjoyed the first chapter of Just Out Of Reach. This is my first book so its probably not gonna be that good but i will try. I am going to try to realease the next chapter in a few days. Love yall - M