𝗰𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗶𝗸 𝗼𝗻𝗲𝘀𝗵𝗼𝘁

[𝗲𝗻𝗷𝗼𝘆 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝗹𝗶𝘁𝘁𝗹𝗲 𝗰𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗶𝗸 𝗼𝗻𝗲 𝘀𝗵𝗼𝘁 𝗶 𝘄𝗿𝗼𝘁𝗲 𝘄𝗵𝗶𝗹𝗲 𝘄𝗲 𝘄𝗮𝗶𝘁 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗻𝗲𝘅𝘁 𝗰𝗼𝘂𝗽𝗹𝗲 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿𝘀]

!𝗪𝗮𝗿𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗴!
• 𝗰𝗵𝗲𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗴
• 𝘀𝘂𝗶𝗰𝗶𝗱𝗲
• 𝗱𝗿𝘂𝗴 𝗮𝗱𝗱𝗶𝗰𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻
• 𝗮𝗹𝗰𝗼𝗵𝗼𝗹 𝗮𝗱𝗱𝗶𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻
• 𝘀𝘁𝗿𝗼𝗻𝗴 𝗹𝗮𝗻𝗴𝘂𝗮𝗴𝗲
_______________________________________

"I have some work to catch up on, I'll be home late, don't wait up for me" Erik leaned over to kiss Charles's forehead before grabbing his coat and leaving the room. Charles heard him walk down the stairs, "alright, I love-" he was cut off by the front door closing. Charles sighed, the fifth time this week, that's a new record.

Charles didn't know when it happened but what he did know was that Erik was cheating on him, he didn't know when it started, or who it's with, but he knows it's happening.

It took Charles a few weeks to face the truth, to give in to the signs he'd been noticing for months. The wrinkled clothes, leaving at mysterious times, smelling like another man, and he had seemed to have forgotten Charles could read minds. It was almost like he wanted to get caught like he didn't care because he knew Charles needed someone by his side and loved Erik too much to leave him.

Charles didn't understand it. Was it because he was paralyzed? Was it because he can't have sex? Was it because of his addictions? Was it because of their past? Or did Erik just get bored of him? So many questions ran through his mind and he didn't have answers for any of them.

Erik didn't come home that night, or the next, or the next, it was Raven and Logan who got their first. They entered the house when no one answered the door, they flipped on the dusted switches, and they found Charles on the floor in his office with empty alcohol and drug bottles around him, they read the note he wrote for Erik, they planned and had the funeral that Erik never showed up to, they cried with everyone else for weeks, and they were the ones sitting in the living room when Erik finally decided to return.

He didn't notice them at first, too busy feeling up another man, but they both realized and jumped apart.

"You left him" Raven spoke, her voice horace and eyes puffy.

"What?"

Logan's hands balled into fists at Erik's response, that's the first thing he says? Fucking disgusted him.

"Charles Xavier"

"Who's Charles Xa-" the stranger spoke, looking around the room uncomfortably. Erik cut him off halfway through the other man's name "No one."

"His husband" Logan spoke dryly, spitting the words that were laced with venom.

The stranger turned his head to look at Erik in disbelief, "husband!? we've been together almost two years and I'm hearing about him from some strangers, what the fuck is wrong with you man, we're done!" The man ripped his coat out of Erik's hands and slammed the front door behind him.

Erik faced the two with a sigh, "look Charles didn't-"

Raven stood up, "I swear to god Erik if u say Charles didn't know or didn't care I will ruin you! In case you forgot Charles can read minds, he very much knew, and he very, very much cared! So do not ever talk to me about my brother again because you have no fucking idea what you're talking about. You ruined him, and I'll ruin you."

"Ruined!? We loved each other!" Raven's hand flew across the man's face, a loud slap echoed around the empty mansion. Once he looked back up at her she jabbed her finger into his chest, "if you truly loved him you wouldn't be off with other men, if you truly loved him you would have stuck to your vows as he did! He loved you, he destroyed himself for you and you didn't even care, you never cared about him! The only person you care about is yourself!"

Erik shook his head, "I was gone for a few days, so?"

Now Logan was up and throwing a punch that knocked the man onto his ass, "it's December Erik, you've been gone for two months."

Erik's mouth opened and closed like a dumb fish as he looked up at them but Raven spoke before he had a chance, "when Charles first got addicted to drugs was because you left him after ruining his life and he forgave you. Now, your off cheating not even thinking about how it's gonna affect anyone but you!"

"Wh-"

"We found Charles on his office floor on November 14, he overdosed and also had heavy amounts of alcohol in his system, he wrote you a note, and we invited you to the funeral but you never showed."

Erik tried to get up but Logan threw another punch before letting Raven continue what she has to say.

"You, Erik Leansherr, absolutely fucking disgust me, you can burn in hell for all I care, but come near me or my family ever again and I will kill you myself."

Logan opened the door for her and threw the note down at Erik before leaving and making sure to slam the door behind them.

Erik stayed seated on the floor for a moment before getting up and sprinting around the mansion, after searching every room twice the realization truly hit him and he slid down the wall in his and Charles's room, the tears running the blood from his broken nose off his face as he pulled the letter out of his pocket.

The man he loved was dead and he had no one to blame but himself, he screwed another thing up he really couldn't fix this time.