Chapter 5

Klaus's POV

Bang

I turned towards where the sound came, and found Dasiy on the door, with an unreadable expression. Anger, betrayal, shock, ~ and fear.

"What happened?"-I asked, angry from all that is happening.

"You both need to see these. There is something that might interest you and indicate towards Clarrisa's killer."-She spoke masking all her emotions with a determined look.

I sighed deeply and turned to look at Marcel, who stood from his seat and walked towards her.

"We already know."- Marcel spoke for both of us.

"And you didn't tell us? Why?"-Daisy emitted a deep growl at the end.

"Because we just found out."-I snapped back, she might be a hybrid but I am the first of my kind.

"How?"-She questioned.

"The paintings."-Marcel spoke rolling his eyes at both of us.

"We'll get back to it."-She walked to the desk where my legs were propped and slammed the journal, flipping through the broad thing which was surprisingly well-kept despite its breadth.

"See. She mentions someone, someone who was trying to alter her powers. Using the exact same object Ethan made to store her powers."-Daisy pointed out an entry and I stood from my seat to see it myself. Marcel standing beside me.

' Uncle Finn found something. An object of dark power. It was used to manipulate my father's mind, the same object was used to manipulate my powers as well. There is someone else who is trying to get them killed on my hands.. '

"What power?"-"Oh don't make that face, I had a McNamara as my sister-in-law, you wouldn't think I would miss my homework."-I smirked at her face.

"Clarrisa had this...magic to alter reality. Time. She would constantly mingle with the past possibilities, starting with small things, then gradually started to use them on a bigger scale, at least she tried to. But she was too young. The powers started to get control over her. Darkness started to take over her mind. Thus came the construction of the locket."-Dasiy spoke taking a step back and explaining us with a sigh.

"The same locket that poisoned Elijah's subconsciousness to choke her?"-Marcel questioned and after earning a nod from her his focus went back to the entry.

"What were these things..possibilities that she was altering."-I struggled to find the right word.

"I don't know, the changes made by her, only she would remember. Thus came the journal, she wanted to write it, write it all down. But I couldn't find anything pointing to such "changes" ."-She spoke making air quotations.

"There were two."-Marcel spoke right after our conversation and we both gave him a questioning look.

"What?"

"There was someone else. Other than McNamara, there was someone else that wanted to kill us. See."-Marcel spoke, his expression dead serious as he pointed out something that made me read the entry over and over until it dawned on me.

' Uncle Finn found something. An object of dark power. It was used to manipulate my father's mind, the same object was used to manipulate my powers as well. There is someone else who is trying to get them killed on my hands.. '

"This confuses things moreover. It doesn't make any sense. McNamara killed Clarrisa. There are two people who want to kill you all. "-Marcel's frown deepened even more.

Whoever wanted to kill Clarrisa, or whoever killed Clarrisa wasn't only after her life. He is after ours too. And he isn't the only one. There are two. Not only McNamara. There is someone else.

That means there was someone already who wanted us dead on Clarissa"s hands. Who? 

Not us. We never shared that as a common interest. Yes, we hate you all. and wanted revenge, not your death.

That means there was someone other than McNamara who wanted us dead by Clarrisa.

There were two of them.

Elijah

Namara originated in India. Their ancestors were Indian, who later traveled to England to set up a trading system during colonization. Since then their family lived in England. I met the McNamara's during my stay in England away from Klaus. That was the first time I met Catlyn. She was a prominent power holder in the supernatural society. People feared their power because they were not familiar with them. When I arrived in New Orleans, my marriage was not yet an idea in stone, Catelyn was pregnant with Clarrisa, already. The marriage was a strategic move from my side, strengthening my family power—a move I made after discovering the power holder in New Orleans. 

But unknown to me, Clarrisa's grandmother has different plans, she later found out, during my wedding that Klaus had a daughter and the mother was married to the wolves. A tribrid born and bred in New Orleans. This angered her, as Hope become and problem to her. Her aim of marrying us was that her granddaughter will sit on the throne of Mikaelson and McNamra combine. She was still under the impression that I wanted to Kill klaus. Because when I first met her, my visit's purpose was to know a method of my brother's death other than the stake. That's how I got to know about the ritual and my brother's weakness during the transition.

"Brother!"-I turned at Klaus's voice.

"Niklaus, I demanded to be left alone. Still your all's frequent and needless to say pointless visits are irritating."

"I only ask of you to come back to the compound, at the hour of weakness it is only wise we all are together and not divided. Clarrisa is dead and now comes the time for us Mikaelsons to take our revenge."

"Revenge on who? Who killed Clarrisa? We don't know."-I asked frustration climbing up my throat.

"I do."-He said folding his hand behind his back.

"..."-I sighed through my nostrils, anger and hurt clearing in my eyes as I tilted my head at him.

"Her grandmother. She has been mingling with her mind, the reason being you choking your own daughter, her turnaround era."-I closed my eyes, of course, it had to be her. Now its all very clear. 

"How long have you known this?"

"I found this last night through the painting, the same as Daisy discovered it in her journal entries. But here comes the twist, after reading through her journal we discovered it's not only McNamara, there's someone else who wants to kill us."-It was the first time in a long time he was serious other than when it comes to hope.

"Catelyn knew she was going to die."-I spoke sitting down on the sofa, elbows on my knees supporting my head.

"Elijah!"-Hayleyes voice boomed through the empty penthouse.

"Oh great."-Klaus groaned.

"Hayley. what are you doing here?"-I questioned, this dance is becoming very exhausting even for me.

"What is happening here?"-SHe questioned looking at Klaus almost accusingly.

"I am convincing my dear brother to join us back at the compound. And help us plot our revenge."-He raised his hand, a mock smirk growing on his face.

Father.

I turned around at the familiar voice. Looking around, I found no one. This was not the appropriate time for my brain to play tricks on me. I have to gain control of myself before I start going insane.

Dad.

My frown deepened at the desperation in her voice, I searched the penthouse, my eyes searching outside the windows, when they stopped at the reflection of her in the glass.

"Clarrisa."-My voice was barely a whisper, but enough to draw the attention of the two hybrids and stop their bickering.

Don't g-

.................