Becoming Potatoes

A/N: the long awaited cut back to rui, the (debatably) initiator of this whole mess!

IMRUNNING OUT OF TITLE IDEAS HELP

just a little stuffies. next chapter will be chaos probably

"My Fragment SEKAI?"

"Yep!" Len nodded. "KAITO-nii said that it appeared again. We're not sure how to get there yet, so I'm afraid you're alone on this one again..."

"That's alright. Thanks for letting me know, Len-kun."

The hologram nodded and then promptly disappeared, leaving him in the quiet of his own room.

Unfortunately for him, it was now morning, and it was also a weekday, which meant he had to go to school when he really really didn't want to. He should have enrolled like Mizuki did, and then he wouldn't have to show up every morning; but no. Sadly, he couldn't lay in bed all day like he wished.

He groaned and rolled over on his couch to face the wall, curling in on himself to the best of his ability (with slight difficulty, considering couches don't exactly have much moving space and he has very long legs). He felt horrible. He wishes he'd never let Tsukasa leave— no, wait. Not like that.

He wishes he had been able to help Tsukasa before he left. But now he's laying here, tired and also having just received the news that a literal other world formed by his feelings of sadness had reappeared, due to some circumstance he can't really grasp.

He's not the one that's really suffering here, even if he feels he deserves as such for what he'd caused. In reality, he had little-to-no reason to feel worse than normal.

He just did, he supposed. Feelings are a wild, strange, and not-quite wonderful experience sometimes.

That was when Rui heard his front door opening, and he sighed. Well, that definitely concludes his stay-in-bed(couch?) day plan. As soon as Nene got in his room, it was over.

Mentally, he calculated how many more seconds of sleep he'd get if he went unconscious right now. Fifty-seven— no, thirty-five, thirty-four...

The internal door to his garage slammed open, the sound of Nene's shoes on the floor filling Rui's previously (and miraculously) silent area of work. He heard as she maneuvered around the countless contraptions, parts and bits of mechanical things strewn on the floor like she had lived in here all along, which she almost did, being his neighbor and childhood friend as she was.

"Kamishiro Rui." She finally said, and Rui felt her presence standing ominously beside his current place of rest. He didn't answer.

"Rui, I know you're awake. You slept on call with Akiyama-chan yesterday."

Ah, so this was a coordinated attack. He should come up with a revenge plan for Mizuki whenever he can. They'd been snitching on him too much these past months. Curse them for making him sleep early and logically have to wake up at a reasonable time.