2:

- Romessa -
As all four of us sat at the back of the car, it was so hot we couldn't think of anything, also the fact we were tired didn't help. We asked our chacho to turn on the AC, but apparently, it was broken. We reached home in around 30 minutes when we found out that the two other cars our parents are in are going to be late because they had taken the wrong route or something. I found it kind of suspicious, but since I was so sleepy and hot from the heat, I didn't question it much.

Our phupo had brought us to our room that we would be staying in, the room was an average size room that had a king size bed at one corner of the room, it had a single bed on the other side of the room. There was a 3 door wardrobe in the middle, and another door opposite the single bed, probably the bathroom. We had a standing fan and a ceiling fan, too. As soon as we put most of our things we had, in the wardrobe, and had freshen up, we headed to bed. I was starting to get more concerned that my parents hadn't arrived. Haadir said they probably are here by now and mostly likely in their room, next door to us. I was hoping that was the case and decided to sleep since it was very late in the night.  I wanted to check up on them, but since Ayesha was tired and wanted help setting up. I stayed and eventually fell asleep.

- Next day -
I had woken really late today, but most likely because of being tired from traveling and being jet lagged. I had freshened up, changed, and woke my siblings up. I had to help Ayesha with her hair, and since her being the baby of the family , she still didn't know how to do things herself, or she probably did but was too lazy, after helping them find a pair of clothes we could find in our emergency hand carry. We were all ready for the day.

I decided to go to my parent's room. I knocked on the door at least three times now, but nothing, I know they're not asleep because it's one in the afternoon, and they had to pray. I was getting impatient now. Just as I was going to knock again, my phupo had appeared from the corner of the hallway. "Romessa, everything alright? Do you need your suitcases?" I slowly nodded, "No, I'm just wondering why Mama and Baba haven't come out yet." "Oh dear. Everyone is waiting for you in the dining room. We're waiting for you guys to come." I was shocked that I didn't realize that Mama and Baba are home already, but it didn't seem right. It was maybe the way my phupo was looking and the answer she had given me, I didn't feel satisfied with her response. Great, I've only been here for less than a day, and I've gone through so many emotions, mostly being overwhelmed and nervous. I'm going to die even before I go back home and before I get to enjoy a proper day here..

I told Haadir and the rest of them to come down for breakfast, so we all headed downstairs to where everyone was having breakfast, we were greeted by our other families.

Baba was the oldest in his family, and he had two younger brothers and one younger sisters. My phupo was the second child after baba, she had one son and one daughter, both of them being older than me. Then was Fahad Chacho. He had three daughters and one son, and all of them were younger than me, but they were around the ages of me and my siblings. Amna, who was around nine months younger than me. Jana was younger than haadir by a year, Sama was the youngest daughter of their family, she was younger than Ameerah by a year too, and their youngest child and only son, Said, he was only five years old.

"Look how you've grown, Romessa, you don't look 20," that was Fahad Chacho speaking. "How old am I supposed to look Chacho," he had always asked stupid questions, but he was quick-witted. His wife and daughters always hated me growing up, and I swear I could feel them glaring at me from the back of my head. "Still sharp at the responses I see," that was Karem chacho. He was the youngest in the family. He had 3 children, Ali, who was nine, Yaaz, who was 7, and Ada, who was 6.

"Well, chacho, someone has to carry on the conversation, I thought that's how it works," I responded. "Romessa, that's enough, sit down with your siblings," Baba said in a stern voice. As I was sitting, I realized Mama wasn't there. "Baba, where's Mama?" Baba stopped eating at my question. " she's at your ami's house, " "Why is she there? If she's there, can we go there too? Is Mama going to come back?" Ayesha and Ameerah started asking. "Girls, stop questioning me and eat, I'll tell you after!" Baba had risen his voice now, something common. I could see phupho and chachi whispering something to each other. 

After finding out Mama wasn't here, it felt like I had lost an appetite and managed to have a single slice of toast, but I felt like throwing up every bite. I managed to get Ayesha, Ameerah, and Haadir to eat something too, since it was obvious, after they had found out about Mama, they too had lost their appetite.

Straight after breakfast, I headed to our room and decided to pray Asar first. Then I tried turning on my phone, but because of the heat, it had died. UH, great. The only way to communicate with Mama was through my phone, and it's dead. Haadir was at the mosque with Baba, and since ameerah and Ayesha were still tired and hot, they fell asleep.

I had also forgotten to pack my charger, so now I have to ask someone for a charger. The only person I could really ask is phupo. No one else would give it. Huh, I left my room to find phupo. She was in the kitchen, instructing the maids to do something. " phupo, do you have a charger by any chance?" "Oh, of course, ask Danish he probably has one." I didn't want to ask him. Growing up, I had avoided him because he was very ill mannered and had a bad temper. So I always tried avoiding him when I was here. "Is Zoha api home by any chance?" I asked, hoping she was so I could ask her to get it, "no, she had a study class until 8 today, so she won't be home until late." I nodded, I needed the charger now, so I could call as soon as possible, meaning I would have to do this now rather than later.

I walked up outside his closed door, *knock, knock*
"Danish bhai, are you there?" The door opened, "Oh Romessa, how'd you find your way here today?" He had a sly smirk on his face and I swear I was so close slapping him, but thus if I did, I would be declared a disrespectful girl and I didn't want my mom's upbringing gone to waste because of him. "Uh, yea bhai, I just needed a phone charger." "A phone charger, sure, it's on my desk, you can go grab it."  I felt uneasy standing with him, I'm not going to go inside. Goodness knows what kind he is, or I could be overthinking, but better safe than sorry. "No bhai, it's fine, just give it to me." I think he sensed the tension in my voice. "it's alright, it's your room soon anyways, come in and get it." What did he mean by that, but I was already annoyed by him. "bhai, if you don't want to give me the charger than just say it, don't waste my time." and with that I didn't even wait for an answer and walked away, if I didn't I would have done something to him and I wouldn't regret it.

It was now late after dinner. It had been a whole day since I last talked to Mama. I feel scared, and I'm really missing her right now. "Romessa, we have something important to talk about," Baba said in a very serious tone. Uh oh, something isn't right, and I can feel every bone in my body telling me that. Actually, I think all the cells in my body can feel it, too. Is that even possible? I asked myself.

"Haadir, Ameerah, Ayesha, go inside your room. We're talking about something important right now," Baba said to them. "But baba.." Haadir tried protested, "No buts, go to your room now!" Baba was raising his voice again. So this time, Haadir decided to also leave, bringing Ameerah and Ayesha with him. The room went quiet, even though both chacho, phupo, Danish bhai, and his sister Zoha were sitting there. Why does it feel so hot in this room, and I don't mean the weather and temperature hot. I feel like I'm going to throw up with the amount of nervousness overflowing from me. 'Deep breathes,' I kept telling myself.

"Romessa, we have decided that you are old enough to get married now," "What?" I screamed, but not out loud, I felt my body paralyzed. Standing up, I looked straight at Baba.
__________________________________

A/n: That's it for this chapter, I wanted this chapter to be longer than the last one. I wonder what's going to happen next.. and what will Romessa do next.. Don't forget to leave your feedback on the chapter. Take care