Void

"She wasn't always like this." Mrs McConaughey says before dipping the cloth into the disinfectant liquid and cleaning my bruise with it again.

"Jisoo grew up as a very sweet girl who loved her father dearly. They were the bestest of friends. He's the one who trained Jisoo to be the fearsome vampire she is today. He was just as ruthless and I prayed day after day that she wouldn't end up like him." She puts the cloth back down and sighs.

"I guess I didn't pray hard enough. Jisoo's father died when she was just out of her teens. You could imagine the anger that came from that. Which is why she always felt as though humans owed her something."

I get extremely surprised at her words. "Her father was killed by humans?" I ask and she nods.

"Yes, he was going on  a trip to discuss family business when his carriage was attacked by a troop of human hunters. Jisoo tracked down and killed each and everyone of them, and not in a very kind way."

When she says that my anger lessens and I almost feel sorry for her but this however does not give  her a pass to treating me this way. My species killed her father but it wasn't me. Heck I wasn't even born yet.

Once she's put the first aid box away I get up and smoothen the clothes she's lent me. "Thanks for the clothes and taking care of my cheek it feels so much better now." I say touching it and giving the woman a smile. "But I'm afraid that I must get going." I say in sadness.

"Your leaving her?" Her mother asks and I nod. She takes my hand in her's and rubs it gently. "I know this is a big ask but please don't leave her. I'm starting to see changes in her that I haven't seen since she was 17, and that my dear is all because of you. She might not show it in the way she treats you but she needs you Jennie. Ever since her father's death she's been trying to fill the void with hatred but she doesn't need to do that anymore because your here." She says with warmth.

I close my eyes in deep thought processing her words. "It'll get better when your married, I promise."

I pry my eyes open. "But that's just the thing. Marriage or not Jisoo will never see me as her equal vampire or not!" I say.

"I knew it wouldn't work. You have too much of a fighting spirit within you." She says with a small smile.

"Let's talk, sit back down."

The talk with Jisoo's mother made me see things in a new light. The decision to live this place hasn't been an easy one, because although I do love Jisoo McConaughey I can't however let her keep treating me this way. One minute she treats me like queen and then the next like I'm some ragged doll that's needs throwing away.

If Jisoo hadn't noticed just how much I love her and how much she needs me she certainly will after she realizes that I'm gone. That's all I can think about as I descend the stairs and walk towards the door. I finally put my fingers on the knob ready to turn it.

"Don't go, please."

My entire body freezes and I don't know what to do. I feel two hands wrap themselves around my waist pulling me close. Soon after I feel droplets wetting the shirt that I'm wearing.

"I need you."

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++