prologue attempt 1

let it be known that steve harrington, also known as 'the king' steve harrington, was extremely fucking tired of the friend group he had.

that being said, let it also be known that steve harrington didn't know what he was getting himself into when he interrupted what seemed to be an uninteresting game of truth or dare, he was actually falling face first into what was going to cost him his reputation.

-

"hey steve, what's up man?!", he heard an all too familiar voice call out. it was tommy hagan, appearing from behind steve harrington. his freckles scattered his face like a night sky, his skin peachy yet pale. his hair messy, and his clothing bleak. he's wearing a plain navy blue shirt with some graphic on the back steve doesn't recognize, coupled by some grey pants. steve was convinced tommy's clothing could actually be an exact representation as his personality; boring.

despite tommy's calling after steve, the chocolate haired boy didn't budge. he had his eyes set on someone, almost like he was in a trance. it was someone he hadn't seen before, though he was certain he wasn't a new kid (well, actually he didn't know). he assumed it was probably just a weirdo, an outsider. it was telling by his appearance and his posture. this is to say that steve harrington is the exact opposite.

the longer he looked at the boy, the more familiar he looked. he had dirty blonde hair, a denim jacket with faux fur on the inside. his shirt underneath caramel and his jeans a very pleasing slate. a passenger bag hung over his shoulder. his eyes, wow, were... nice. they were a very light green. his eyelids seemed to droop in a way that made them... he wasn't sure. though as he started to look at his hands, he felt himself being dragged back down to earth. but boy were they attr—

"steve! buddy what's up?", he heard bleed through over what felt like an incomprehensible haze. and just before steve could drive his eyes away from the boy, tommy was already on it, and so was carol perkins, nancy wheeler and barbara holland. great, just great. this was the last thing he fucking needed. to be caught in the middle of basically oogling for this random kid he's never spoken to and to now be seen red handed? not a good look.

-

coughs im trying to work on this i pink promise