Chapter Twenty Nine

Before they left, Teresa needed to drop off her books and things. She marched quickly off towards the slytherin's house.

Draco was sitting on the couch near the fireplace, talking to Crabbe and Goyle. When Teresa dashed by towards the girls dormitory and moments later dashed back towards the door. Unexpectedly, Draco quickly blocked her way out the door, causing Tess to bump into him. He looked carelessly at her, with a brow raised.

"Where are you going?" He asked suspiciously.

Teresa, startled took a deep inhale to catch her breath. "Somewhere." She smiled sarcastically and trying to move around him but Draco moved in front of her frowning.

"We don't have any classes."

Teresa sighed begrudgingly. "I know that, come on Draco. Please, will you move out of my way. I'm in a bit of a hurry."

Draco stared at her for a minute, as if she was something rare.

"Please?" She asked again, feeling the awkwardness.

Draco snapped back and cleard his throat and moved to the side.

"Yeah, yeah." He muttered.

Teresa rushed out of the door while yelling back. "Thanks Draco!"

A smile crept on Draco's face. Hearing his name escape her lips gave him a strange unusual feeling inside.

"What took you so long?" Ron asked as Tess arrived at the entrence to the grounds.

She hesitated to answer with Draco's name. She knew both Harry and Ron would have somthing to say about that.

"Things." She simply replied.

The boys didn't care to ask further questions.

Hagird lived in a house beside the forbidden forest. A crossbow and a pair of boots were outside the front door.

When Harry knocked they heard frantically scramble from inside and several booming barks. Then Hagrid's voice rang out. "Back, Fang, back."

Hagrid's big face appereared through the crack of the door as he pulled it open.

"Hang on." He said. "Back, Fang."

He let them in, strugling to keep a hold on the coller of an enourmous black boar hound.

There was only one room inside. Hams and Pheasants were hanging from the ceiling, in a corner was a massive bed with a patchwork quilt over it,

"Make yourself at home." Said hagrid, Letting go of fang, who bounded straight at Ron and started licking his ears, like hagrid, fang was clearly not as fierce as he looked.

"This is Ron Weasley." Harry told Hagrid., who was pouring boiling water into a large tea pot and putting rock cakes onto a plate.

"Another Weasley, eh?" Said Hagrid glanced at Ron's freckles. "Spent half me life chasin' yer' twin brothers away from the forest."

Fang rested his head on Teresa's knee and drooled all over her robes.

Harry, Ron and Teresa told Hagrid all about their first week. Harry tolf him about Snape's lessons. Hagrid, like Ron, told him not to worry about it, that Snape hardly likes anyone.

"But he really seems to hate me." Said Harry. " Though, he's really fond of Tess."

Teresa rolled her eyes. "Its nothing about favoring or anything, Right Hagrid?"

"of course." Hagird said, though didn't quite meet her eyes.

"How's yer' brother Charlie doing?" Hagrid asked Ron. "I liked him alot- really good with animals."

Teresa and Harry wondered why Hagrid changed the subject, While Ron told Hagrid about charlie's work with Dragons, Teresa picked up a piece of paper laying on the table as a tea cozy. It was a cutting of the daily prophet. 

__

GRINGOTTS BREAK-IN LATEST
Investigations continue into the break-in at Gringotts on 31
July, widely believed to be the work of dark wizards or witches
unknown.
Gringotts' goblins today insisted that nothing had been
taken. The vault that was searched had in fact been emptied
the same day.
'But we're not telling you what was in there, so keep your
noses out if you know what's good for you,' said a Gringotts
spokesgoblin this afternoon.

__

"Hagrid!" Harry said, who was reading the paper over Tess's shoulder. "That Gringotts break-in happened on my birthday. It might have happened while we were there!"

There was no doubt about it, Hagrid definitely didn't meet Harry's eyes this time. Hagrid only grunted.

As Teresa, Harry and Ron walked back to the castle after dinner their pockets weighing down with rock cakes, they were too polite to refuse. What Teresa was really worried about was why Harry was acting so sensitive during the meeting.