Ch 9: Parent's Day, Part 2

—-------------------------

///////////////////////

Warning: this chapter is 99.9% smut, don't read it if you don't want to! But if you do, get ready ;)

///////////////////////

—-------------------------

Tyler never talked about his past before. Now, he's relieved. It's not that the weight has lifted or that the pain's gone away because it hasn't, but he's relieved that he was physically able to talk about it. His whole world poured out of him because Xavier was there listening. Maybe he's always wanted to talk about it, but he never had anyone like Xavier in his life before.

Xavier is still on Tyler's lap, and Xavier hugs him tightly. He kisses the top of Tyler's head protectively. He wants to keep Tyler here in his arms, safe forever. His heart hurts knowing everything that Tyler has been through. On top of the sadness, a newfound hatred for the sheriff courses through him. He wants him to pay.

Then Tyler leans up and kisses Xavier's cheek softly. All of Xavier's anger from a moment ago melts away and is replaced with bittersweet happiness.

Tyler nuzzles back into Xavier's arms, and Xavier squeezes Tyler tighter. Xavier never wants to let go again.

Tyler can feel his anxiety subsiding with the pressure of Xaiver's hug. He's finally returning to normal. His eyes feel dry, although they still sting from the tears, and his body feels warm again. He was in a cold sweat through that whole conversation, but now he's feeling warm and cozy warped up in Xavier's caring embrace. It's like the light in the room is brighter, and the color has returned. He can breathe deeper and think clearer.

But he doesn't want to return to reality yet. He doesn't want to think about his school projects or assignments or, worse, find out if his father is actually suing the school to get him back.

Tyler needs a distraction. Luckily Xavier is there looking down at him with a cute smile. He stares into Xavier's eyes and his heart softens, "Xavier, you are the best, you know that?" Tyler says with a wistful smile, and he reaches out to tuck a strand of hair behind Xavier's ear.

Xavier closes his eyes to feel Tyler's hand on his cheek. Then he looks down at Tyler with sincere amazement and says, "You're the best," and leans down to press a slow kiss onto Tyler's lips. Xavier can't believe how soft and smooth Tyler's lips are.

They pull away with small smiles on their lips, and Xavier gazes into Tyler's warm green eyes. Xavier can't believe how lucky he is. He loves how close he's gotten to Tyler and he feels like he truly knows him now. His heart beats faster, and he bites his lip. Should he say it?

Tyler smiles warmly up at Xavier. He looks surprisingly happy despite all he's gone through. Then it hits Xavier again. What he's feeling is happiness too. Xavier smiles, and Tyler grins back at him. But it's more than happy.

Xavier's green eyes are locked on Tyler's. He loves Tyler's sparkling eyes, and he loves the weight of Tyler's strong arms wrapped around him. Xavier loves everything about being in this pile of blankets with Tyler. He decides to say it. He needs to get it off his chest and he feels like he has to say it now while they are lost in each other's eyes.

"I love you, Tyler," Xavier whispers, and his eyes shine with emotion.

Tyler's heart stops for a moment before his brain manages to process what Xavier said. Then, finally, he gulps and whispers, "I love you, too, Xavier." The second he says it, his love for Xavier floods through him and fills his whole body.

Xavier smiles so wide that his face hurts. Tyler is smiling, but his eyes dip down to look at Xavier's lips. He slides his hands into Xavier's hair and pulls him down into a kiss.