Gift

"Well, I'd love to come to your house for Christmas, maybe meet up for the holiday?" Skeppy suggested on his end of the call, a loving tone trailing off with the words that left his mouth.

"I love the thought of that, but I'll be so busy with family that I just don't think it'll work," Bad huffed, his heart aching to be with Skeppy for one Christmas.

"Oh shoot. I'll—we'll figure something out, trust me. I know that we've wanted to spend Christmas with each other for so long, but if I come early, I could meet your family!" Skeppy squeaked like a little child being rewarded candy at the idea of meeting Bad's family.

"Maybe that will work, so will it be a surprise—really the day you show up?" Bad asked, impatience rolling over him as he wished Skeppy was right there, next to him, just so he could hug him so tightly...and maybe kiss him.

"I'm not gonna tell you a date, I want it all to be surprise when I show up!" Skeppy giggled, the same giggles that sent Bad's heart into a little jig.

Bad took the time to decorate the house, figuring Skeppy wouldn't show up for a good week or two.

He found strands of lights, hanging them up across cabinets, around the television, or anywhere where it looked nice.

He spent hours cleaning up the house, making sure all the laundry was done, every bed was made—including the guest bed, and he even wanted the house to feel all cozy and comforting for when Skeppy arrived.

He searched through his closet, picking out nice, but comfortable outfits to wear for whenever Skeppy decided to show up. He did not want to look like he had just woken up from a nap when Skeppy came.

Each day was spent pacing in the living room, fiddling in the kitchen to pass time, or simply gazing out the window as cars passed on the nearby road, his eyes specially set to find a banana-looking car, but no car that drove by seemed to look like Skeppy's.

He slowly began to lose hope that the meet up he craved for wouldn't happen, so he quit window-watching, making random food, and walking in circles in the living room.

He trudged back to his bedroom, flopping down into the comforts of the covers, sighing. His heart once again ached for Skeppy to be there just so he could simply stare at his beautiful face, but he wasn't.

The impatience quickly shifted to sadness as he laid there, helplessly staring at the other side of his bed. He felt his eyes grow heavy, and even though he didn't want to fall asleep midday, his eyes fluttered shut as he uncontrollably drifted into sleep.

Bad grunted at the sudden loud yaps from the mischievous rats. He tiredly drug himself out of bed, annoyed that he was woken from a nice nap.

He stomped into the living room, his feet feeling like bricks as he still tried to wake up. The rats were faced towards the door, bouncing around as they continued to yap loudly.

"Shh!" Bad yawned, pushing the evil rats aside as he approached the door.

I don't remember ordering anything, so I don't have a clue as to why the mailman's here. He tiredly thought, gripping the handle of the door.

He pulled the door open, squinting his eyes as the bright, afternoon sun blinded him. A faint giggle filled the silence.

Bad's eyes shot wide open as he recognized that too familiar giggle the he treasured so much. All the tiredness had seemed to shoot out of his body, replaced with butterflies dancing and swirling in his stomach, and happiness surging over him.

There he was, his goofy Skeppy, standing there at the door, a huge, precious smile spread across his face. Bad almost couldn't believe the Skeppy was right there, right in front of him.

Skeppy lunged forward, throwing his arms around Bad so tightly, Bad quietly choked. He heard Skeppy murmur words of happiness as he buried his face into Bad's shoulder.

"I cant believe I'm actually hugging you!" Skeppy spoke softly, raising his head to look up at Bad.

"Oh!—Your eyes are so much prettier in person, you—as a whole—are so beautiful!" Skeppy continued, his hands bushing across Bad's tomato-red face.

Bad melted into the very much needed touch, giggling here and there at Skeppy's foolish compliments. This was all he wanted, to just be held or hugged by his best friend.

Bad cupped Skeppy's face, falling in love with his adorable face. His nose was a rosy red from the cold outside, his cheeks highlighted in the rose color as well.

Bad couldn't bear to hold it in any longer; he pulled Skeppy closer to his face until he felt his lips meet his own.

Skeppy froze at the sudden move, but he slowly relaxed as he melted into the kiss, softly humming. Bad would pull away, but instantly be pulled back in by Skeppy, but he didn't refuse.

When the two were soon gasping for air, they finally pulled apart, faces completely red. Skeppy laid his head against Bad's chest, exhaling as he chuckled.

"I've wanted you to do that for a long time," Skeppy confessed, snaking a hand into Bad's.

"Me too, guess that's my Christmas gift to you," Bad joked, both giggling.

"Mm, I was your Christmas gift." Skeppy replied.

X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
934 words