Chapter 93: The End ☾

A/N: I don't own anything except the plot :(

⭑─⭒──⚝⚝──⭒─⭑

The survivors of the second wizarding war had very little peace within the next two weeks. The death toll rose as those with grievous injuries passed. When all was said, the time-traveling trio attended seven funerals, though it would have been eight if Hagrid had been able to reschedule Aragog's. Acromantulas had precisely timed rituals for those who died in battle, and they conflicted with Vincent Crabbe's.

"I still don't understand why we went to Vincent Crabbe's funeral," Harry said, scratching the back of his head.

"Because," Hermione rolled her eyes, "the only reason Voldemort killed him was due to the fact he was technically our friend."

"In what world was he our friend?"

"Uh, he came to Siria's birth?"

The boy who lived scowled. "Then why was he on the other side of the field?"

"His dad," Draco said, sighing and rubbing his eyes. "Sirius tried to stall his parental rights, but the man threatened to burn down the school if Vince wasn't in his custody by the end of the hour."

"And was he a death eater?" Luna asked, skipping by the group as they walked.

"I don't know."

The trio and Luna slipped into contemplative silence as they walked up from Hogsmeade toward the currently-in-renovation castle. Harry surveyed the land. The grassy moor rippled as winds licked the four on their way to meet with the rest of the time-traveling-trio sidekick team. As the battle decimated the entirety of their magical government, somehow it had fallen to them to rebuild it. Uncle Severus felt that a meeting to decide roles was best.

The boy-who-lived-many-times-over paused, causing Draco to run into him. He turned and headed toward Hagrid's hut.

"Harry, where are you going?" Hermione asked, running after him.

"Well, there's no point now in keeping our status as time-travelers a secret from the staff. I can finally talk with Hagrid again," Harry explained.

"Hagrid! I had completely forgotten about him."

"I didn't care either way," Draco said, shrugging. Luna came up beside him, slapping him on the shoulder. "What was that for?"

"The nargles said Harry wanted me to do that to you."

"I didn't forget," Harry said sighing. "I realized-back when we were still trying to keep this under-wraps-that Hagrid can't keep a secret to save his life, and he has been in that position multiple times. I felt it best not to put him in that type of position by just not hanging around."

Luckily, they did not have to spend a long time searching. Out in the pumpkin patch, trying to salvage at least a few plants, stood Hagrid.

"'Arry? Is that you?" the half-giant called out, rushing over to hug the boy. "I ne'er thought I'd talk to ya, boy."

Harry grinned sheepishly. "Yea, about that, Hagrid. I wanted to apologize for being so distant."

"Nonsense. Ya had importan' school to do. I shouldn' 'spect you to be 'round much."

"No, Hagrid. I should have been, and I am sorry." The boy hugged his friend, taking in the man's scent. "I promise I will be around more often."

"See that ya do, then," Hagrid said, nodding. "Would you 'n' yer friends like to come in for tea?"

🎉 You've finished reading 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐨𝐧𝐚𝐮𝐭𝐬 | 𝐠𝐨𝐥𝐝𝐞𝐧 𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐨 𝐞𝐫𝐚 🎉