Chapter 2

"Ruth Atar come here, we need to have a talk".I knew that I would hear that sentence soon. Ive been having constant nightmares about it and its the only thing Ive been thinking about. Ive been reading some books about the past , so we know what not to do. I was in the library looking for something to read I would of read something more simpler , but I wanted to know more. Know more about what happen to the world, yea the disease , but I wanted to know how it was before. How it felt to be normal. Im immune to the disease , but there is other dangers out there. So I was looking , the color of the old books gave a nostalgic feeling of living in a healthy world. The soft feel of the books cover that made me feel safe. I saw a book called "How to save the world with tips of instruction (past)" by Martin Lee. I knew that name it was the first creator's name. It was on a lone table , with the chairs in a weired patter as if someone was just here , but wait...we weren't suppose to read Creator Guides. The urgent need to grab it and know how do they save the world? Was at the tip of my head. I looked around seeing if someone.was there. No one; Strange...someone is suppose to be here. At least a cleaner , or a Creator. I jolt to a run and grabbed the book off the white table and ran to my dorm.

When I left the library, it was afternoon , the sun setting down to sleep. The streetlights where on , giving a dim gleam of light to anyone who was having a brisk stroll. Still no one in sight , where is everyone? It was really awkward , to be alone. I ran down the stone road to the dorm hall. As I got there I heard 3 voices , I turn to look at the corner and saw that Jane , Zack and Lisa where sitting on the grass laughing at something. I try to get around them , I walk around the grass just to hear a snap of a twig. Crap. Zack turned around just to see me walking cautiously to the dorm door. "Hey...Ruth". Crap what do I say ?. "Uhhh...hey Zack". "What are you doing out right now I thought you were going to the Cafeteria?" he says. "Oh...no I went to the library to get a book, but I didnt find one" I lie. The book is in my jacket and my arms are cross. "Oh...okay" he says suspiciously. I walk away and open the door to enter the dorm hall. I throw a glance back seeing if Zack is following me. I see him walking towards Jane and Lisa.

I go to the 3 floor, room 312. I open my dorm door and take in the smell of peaches. The plain white and grey walls paint my room , the soft feel of carpet at my feet made me feel safe , but I knew I was not. The plain old bed that sat there for 2 years. The clock hanging on the wall seeming as if someone is watching me. The room was simple, and i did not like that. I walk to my bed and put the book down. Should I do this?. I knew this was wrong but it was worth it. I go into the bathroom and take a shower. Im sweating , because im afraid.

45 minutes later. Its 7:59 Pm the sun Is almost out and the streetlights give a powerfull gleam of light. Identifying that night is near. I change into a white tee and some shorts The creators have given us. I went to my bed and opened the book.

"To save the world you must".
1.Build a community
2.Do not let no survivers leave.
3.Send 16 year olds to The Map.
4.Let all sick people die.
5.Let all Map testers die if necessary.
6.Lie to everyone.

When I read this I could not belive it. The creators were too nice to do this or were they? Wait...That's why my sister had left. She died during The Map. Boundless questions zoomed in my head. What's going to happenen? Am i going to be send to The Map. I closed the book and fell in a deep sleep. With voices haunting me and one small and fragile voice called out. You need to tell everyone , save us please and everything went black.
End of chapter 2.