Meeting with the principle

Clare Barnes had just walked through the school's office door with her mother.
'Please take a seat, Mrs Greendale will be out shortly.' Said an office lady who had blonde curly hair.
As Clare and her mother waited quietly for the principal, she looked at the school photo that was on the wall behind her. The teachers looked very nice and friendly, but Clare knew from experience that you should never judge a person by their looks. As the two women waited, people came and went through the doors beside them. One in particular caught her worring eyes and smiled at her, trying to reassure her everything was going to alright. Clare watched the man walk through the doors beside her mother, who had her head berried in her phone. Clare swivelled in her seat to look at the photo behind her to put a name to the man's face. His name was Dale Wood.
About 20 minutes later, an older looking woman came to greet them.
'Sorry about that. Please come through. I'm Juila Greendale, the principal here. I heard you are trying to get your daughter Clare into this school. Is that correct, Mrs Barnes.' Juila said, leading them into her office.
'Yes, that would be correct. My partner and I have tried everything to get Clare to stay at a school long enough to learn something. Mrs Barnes said.
Clare felt herself go red in the face.
'Not to worry Mrs Barnes she will be in good hands in my school I assure you.' Juila said to Mrs Barnes.
'You mean she's already enrolled.' Mrs Barnes said, looking very happy.
Juila nodded her head and smiled.
'All we need to do is sort out her uniform.' She said.
'Wow ok um I'll pay for her uniform with my credit card.' Mrs Barnes said, very surprised.
Juila walked Clare and her mother around to the uniform room they had behind the main office. When Clare heard a soothing voice that seemed to make all her nerves go away and make her happy, when the group rounded the corner, she saw Dale Wood, the man who had smiled at her earlier.
Dale smiled at her and introduced himself before shaking her hand.
'I really hope you're going to be an easy student to handle next year when I teach you.' He said, joking around with her while she waited outside the uniform room.
'Oh, you'll just have to wait and see Mr Wood.' Toni said, joking around with him.
Dale was about to speak but was interrupted by Clare's mother calling out to her.
'Clare, come and try this on now, please.' Her mother called out.
'Sorry, got to do what the nice mother says.' Clare said, smiling at the teacher.
He smiled back and waved her off to her dom.
Mrs Barnes handed her daughter the shirt to try on.
'No too short try this one.' Juila said, handing Toni a bigger size.
'Thank you.' Clare said, taking the shirt. Clare went back into the change room, which was just a curtain attached to a wall. She came out to show her mother and Juila.
'That's perfect on you.' Juila said.
'Thank you, Mrs Greendale.'
'I've got to go pick up your sister. You'll be fine here.' Mrs Barnes said.
'Yes, mother.' Clare said, seeming unhappy, but inside, she just wanted to be around Dale Wood.
'Well, that's all sorted. Mr Wood will show you to your classroom.' Juila said.
'Hello again. That shirt brings out the blue in your eyes, did you know that.' Dale said.
'No, not really. Do you say that to every student who has blue eyes, or just your favourites.' Toni said with a smile on her face.
'No, not really. You're really the only one whose eyes I noticed are a dark blue.' Dale said, turning into a corridor full of lockers.
Toni popped her head into the classroom.
'You'll be fine their nice in there.' Dale said.
'You're supposed to say that their your students you're going to  be teaching in years to come.' Clare said, trying to get her nerves to go away.
When Dale smiled, her nerves calmed down. 'You're partly right.'
'Why can't I just stay with you for today.' Toni said.
'I'm trying to find kids that are supposed to be in class.' He said before a student walked right in between them.
'Well, I guess you can come to my office and sit there until recess.' He said with a frown on his face before turning to Clare's happy face and couldn't help but laugh a little.